Tried to get on the eshop but there was a system update

#31ObtuseAnginaPosted 3/25/2013 10:37:48 PM
Rocketomy posted...
x23sephiroth23x posted...
somebody336 posted...
My 3DS is arriving tomorrow should I wait this whole thing out? D:

I updated my system just fine. As long as you don't run out of battery or get disconnected from the Internet during the update you'll be fine

My Internet was working perfectly and I had > 50% charge left when updating when it suddenly crapped out. You can go ahead and try updating but don't be surprised if you're left with an online service ''brick''.

you could have underlying latency issues on your internet connection causing packet loss. it doesnt have to be a complete disconnect
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/3f4yT.jpg But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#32RocketomyPosted 3/25/2013 10:42:24 PM
ludeboi posted...
I had the same issue but then i changed my dns info based on what nintendos trouble shoot guide said and it worked

My DNS was already set up with Nintendo's recommended settings (Google DNS). Still my update failed and my 3DS is now an errorbin.
#33Lionheart_xPosted 3/25/2013 10:42:34 PM
Had this happen to me earlier on my 3dsXL. Can't access Eshop or settings without the error even after multiple reboots.
#34ludeboiPosted 3/25/2013 10:43:26 PM
Applepieman posted...
ludeboi posted...
I had the same issue but then i changed my dns info based on what nintendos trouble shoot guide said and it worked

Let me guess, accessed through System Settings?

Yes it requires that
i didnt see that you cant get the system settings to load anymore till just now. I have no idea then sorry :(
---
3ds fc 0989 1836 3869
psn lude_13
#35RocketZXbluePosted 3/26/2013 5:14:11 AM
EVERYONE WITH ISSUES!
shut down the system COMPLETELY (power button, shut down)
HOLD L+R+A+UP WHILE TURNING ON THE 3DS, KEEP HOLDING TILL IT SHOWS THE UPDATE MENU
this will let you redownload the system update if it fails.
download the system update AGAIN!
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess, Kid Icarus)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX
#36RocketomyPosted 3/26/2013 6:31:56 AM
RocketZXblue posted...
EVERYONE WITH ISSUES!
shut down the system COMPLETELY (power button, shut down)
HOLD L+R+A+UP WHILE TURNING ON THE 3DS, KEEP HOLDING TILL IT SHOWS THE UPDATE MENU
this will let you redownload the system update if it fails.
download the system update AGAIN!

That did it. Thanks for reposting!