Nintendo undergoes "Indie Friendly" policy changes

#1NnamzPosted 3/25/2013 9:34:51 PM
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/26/nintendo-highlights-indie-friendly-policy-changes

This is awesome. It's pretty clear that Western AAA support for the handhelds just isn't happening, but this is a nice compromise. The plethora of indie game announcements for Vita over the past few weeks have been great, and are largely attributed to Sony's Indie Friendly stance. Now that Nintendo has adopted similar measures we should see more Indie games on the system, both ports and original titles. This is a great thing :)
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#2ZhacariasPosted 3/25/2013 9:43:08 PM
Still doesn't mean they won't charge a buttload of cash.
#3Tino_Tonitini2Posted 3/25/2013 9:52:44 PM(edited)
Yeah, I saw this on the Wii U board, although it was reported by a different website.

It all sounds great and I'm sure both the Wii U and 3DS will attract more indie/Western support but I'm skeptical it will change much in the overall grand design. I think too many developers are dissuaded by the perception that third party games don't sell well on Nintendo platforms. Also, with regard to the Wii U, I think the sluggish sales will be a turn off.

There could be other factors behind the scenes (fees, extent of prior game development experience need, etc.) that might still provide obstacles for Western and independent developers from working with Nintendo

I would love to be proven wrong though. I'm a Nintendo fan and I would love to see more Western and/or Independent developer support appear on Nintendo systems and prosper from it. I would relish more stories like that of Gunman Clive, which has sold more on the 3DS than on the Apple and Android eStores.
#4AceMosPosted 3/25/2013 9:59:44 PM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
Yeah, I saw this on the Wii U board, although it was reported by a different website.

It all sounds great and I'm sure both the Wii U and 3DS will attract more indie/Western support but I'm skeptical it will change much in the overall grand design. I think too many developers are dissuaded by the perception that third party games don't sell well on Nintendo platforms. Also, with regard to the Wii U, I think the sluggish sales will be a turn off.

There could be other factors behind the scenes (fees, extent of prior game development experience need, etc.) that might still provide obstacles for Western and independent developers from working with Nintendo

I would love to be proven wrong though. I'm a Nintendo fan and I would love to see more Western and/or Independent developer support appear on Nintendo systems and prosper from it. I would relish more stories like that of Gunman Clive, which has sold more on the 3DS than on the Apple and Android eStores.

gunman clive sold bad on IoS and sold pretty good on 3DS

and i belive indie devs get more money off a 3DS sellt han an IoS sell so im pretty sure this is verry good news
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#5Tino_Tonitini2Posted 3/26/2013 1:19:40 AM
bump for good measure