Do people ever get street passes at Gamestop?

#21Salogy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 10:36:35 AM
RocketZXblue posted...
I streetpass the demo unit at my local gamestop, it's not on that "demo mode" so i just hit home and open mii plaza and viola!
just FYI you CAN exit the demo mode on demo units, just do this:
hold power button till power light blinks off then on.
as SOON AS THE POWER LIGHT GOES OFF AND ON AGAIN HOLD L+R for 3 whole seconds,
LET GO and press power again (hold it for a second don't just "tap" it)
it should show the "press here to shut down" screen, hit the HOME button to go back to the normal home screen!
PROFIT! you're now able to go to Mii plaza or whatever else!

Thanks, I didn't know about this. I will have to try this next time I visit Gamestop.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#22Akira1256Posted 3/26/2013 11:03:07 AM
It depends on the demo. The Gamestops near me are all running an Adventure Time demo, and I've been able to exit those normally.

I'd just like the demo units at those Gamestops AND the employees to update their 3DS' so that they have more than the first seven puzzles. >_>
#23SS4kronos33Posted 3/26/2013 11:19:07 AM(edited)
Salogy
(Topic Creator) AND
RocketZXblue posted...

I streetpass the demo unit at my local gamestop, it's not on that "demo mode" so i just hit home and open mii plaza and viola!
just FYI you CAN exit the demo mode on demo units, just do this:
hold power button till power light blinks off then on.
as SOON AS THE POWER LIGHT GOES OFF AND ON AGAIN HOLD L+R for 3 whole seconds,
LET GO and press power again (hold it for a second don't just "tap" it)
it should show the "press here to shut down" screen, hit the HOME button to go back to the normal home screen!
PROFIT! you're now able to go to Mii plaza or whatever else!

Thanks, I didn't know about this. I will have to try this next time I visit Gamestop.
-------------------------------------------------------

thanks from me as well.but 1 question.what do you do when the stores demos dont allow you to do this??????

also i have gotten streepasses from a couple of the gamestops in my area.i have also gotten them from target,best buy,and toys r us as well
---
when doing business,follow these simple rules and you will be rich......http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/
#24Salogy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 2:22:51 PM
I went to 3 different stores today. A TRU, Target, and Gamestop all in the same shopping center. I got 2 tags but all I got were the basic blue puzzle pieces from the first few puzzles.

From looking at the miis, the TRU gets a lot of streetpasses but has horrible pieces. TRU's mii is named "TOYS R U", lol. Target had all basic puzzles too. The gamestop I went to had their 3ds in some sort of case so I couldn't close it. LM was the demo there. Didn't get a streetpass from the clerk either or the boy and his father in the store. I will be trying my local target's demo unit this weekend but I don't think it is set up to accept tags.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#25EnddorPosted 3/27/2013 2:33:31 PM
I bring my 3DS with me everywhere I go. Like, literally everywhere I go. I'm kind of addicted to street passing. Usually if I'm near an EB Games or an electronics store I'll stop in to turn on the wireless of the demo unit. Sometimes the employees have 3DSes on them and I get their street passes too. I keep my 3DS in my back pocket while I'm at work (as a barista) and I get street passe from customers some times.
---
We're on an amazing flight in space!
#26Akira1256Posted 3/27/2013 2:37:50 PM
Keep in mind that even if a store has a demo unit that allows Streetpasses, the employees might not bother to check the 3DS every once in a while and clear out the Plaza when it reaches the 10 Streetpass limit, so it might be a good idea to drop by those stores early in the day. :)

Both the Target (still running the Style Savvy demo o_O) and GameStop near me are like that.
#27Someguy_13Posted 3/27/2013 2:39:59 PM
I get anywhere between 1 and 6 on any given visit.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#28dizanimatorPosted 3/27/2013 3:39:49 PM
Akira1256 posted...
Keep in mind that even if a store has a demo unit that allows Streetpasses, the employees might not bother to check the 3DS every once in a while and clear out the Plaza when it reaches the 10 Streetpass limit, so it might be a good idea to drop by those stores early in the day. :)

Both the Target (still running the Style Savvy demo o_O) and GameStop near me are like that.

My GameStop doesn't seem to work with Streetpasses often, so when I'm there I'll go ahead and get puzzle pieces. For some reason the demo 3DS (an XL) appears not to have been updated to be able to get the puzzles with pink pieces. I so want to borrow the demo unit and take it to the nearby McDonalds and update it, so I can try to get pink pieces on my own 3DS.
#29Crimson10BladesPosted 3/27/2013 3:43:10 PM
I usually get streetpassed by the display unit, and an employee.
---
3DS Friend code: 5026-4425-6974
NNID: Crimson10Blades
#30Rizaadon007Posted 3/27/2013 4:30:42 PM
I got one recently when I went to get Meloetta on my Pokemon games. Also found and bought Persona 4 for PS2 there, so that day was awesome.
---
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-NettoSaito on the children characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.