Is the yellow tint normal?

#11tranceaddict19Posted 3/26/2013 8:27:00 AM
I really don't notice a yellow tint with my pikachu 3DS even compared it to my friend Zelda 3DS
---
3DS FC : 2680-9494-1373
#12GoldenSun3DSPosted 3/26/2013 7:46:00 PM
RPGMaster95 posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
If a bad condition turns out to be normal, why the hell do you consider that a relief? If anything that'd be a major problem with the quality of the XLs compared to the originals.
My launch blue 3DS has no yellow tinting :P

Because nothings wrong with his system, the XL has a few trade offs and slightly lower build quality but he now doesnt have to debate with himself on returning/exchanging etc which is a relief :).

Again, just because it's normal, that doesn't mean it's fine.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#13Mascara_SnakePosted 3/26/2013 9:18:24 PM
RPGMaster95 posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
If a bad condition turns out to be normal, why the hell do you consider that a relief? If anything that'd be a major problem with the quality of the XLs compared to the originals.
My launch blue 3DS has no yellow tinting :P

Because nothings wrong with his system, the XL has a few trade offs and slightly lower build quality but he now doesnt have to debate with himself on returning/exchanging etc which is a relief :).

Again, just because it's normal, that doesn't mean it's fine.

The reason it comes as a relief is because you understand that there's nothing to be "fixed". Basically, if your system is abnormally screwed up, you could possibly send it to Nintendo, or return it for a different one in the hopes that you get one that's alright. If the annoyances are shared annoyances that every 3DS XL has, then you at least know that by keeping it you aren't subjecting yourself to an issue that you could readily solve (by sending it into Nintendo, or trying to get a new one).

Obviously they are still issues, but if they are issues that exist for each one, then you don't have to worry about trying to get one that doesn't have those specific issues. You can just try and deal with them.
---
Steam: Giever
3DS: 2707-2677-5299
#14aamotPosted 3/26/2013 9:41:00 PM
The yellow tint is the Power Saver Mode that you turned on in the brightness settings.

Quoting for relevance.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#15BlueBombei2Posted 3/26/2013 9:44:13 PM
The yellow tint has nothing to do with power saver settings. The XL runs Warm colors while the original runs cool colors. The coloration on the title screen is yellow because the colors are configured for cool colors. In games, the warm colors make the screens far more fleshed out. Use the Google and check it out!
#16BlueBombei2Posted 3/26/2013 9:45:36 PM
http://3dsforums.com/nintendo-3ds-3/everyone-complaining-about-complain-about-yellow-tint-read-here-43624/

There you go.