Save Data Transfer Tool available now

#1ryuzx101Posted 3/26/2013 10:45:55 AM
I'm not referring to the Monster Hunter one either--- they are both on the eShop. The only warning the Save Data Transfer Tool gives is that you can't transfer saves back onto a cart, which is fine. I want to know, though, if it is compatible with in-game purchases, since Nintendo does DLC all ridiculous-like. I can't seem to find any info on this anywhere online either.
#290sRetroGamingPosted 3/26/2013 10:51:23 AM(edited)
In-game DLC is still considered an actual purchase. notice how it's under your "Account Activity" in your eShop account. you would just be transfering the save data to your digital version and your purchased DLC would remain untouched :).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#3pwingxPosted 3/26/2013 10:51:43 AM
What I don't get is why do I need the downloaded version to transfer it to digital?
---
3ds fc 4983-5173-6592 name Pwing pm me when u add me
#490sRetroGamingPosted 3/26/2013 10:56:34 AM
Also can anyone confirm both saves (from a digital copy and a physical copy) combine everyone during the transfer?. both versions of my MK7's have different saves i.e. VR, coin count and number of Streetpass collected are both much different, with my physical copy having a higher everything and all kart parts unlocked.
---
#590sRetroGamingPosted 3/26/2013 11:05:59 AM(edited)
pwingx posted...
What I don't get is why do I need the downloaded version to transfer it to digital?

It's really only for those who previously purchased physical copies of a game that has a save on it but NOW have a digital copy of the same game and want to transfer it over to the digital copy.

I bought physical copies of both SM3DL and MK7 on launch back in 2011 and completed most of SM3DL and EVERYTHING (except the golden wheel) on MK7.

When i bought my 3DS XL back in december i opted for the LE XL bundle which came with MK7 "pre-installed" (digitally) and yesterday i redeemed my free downloadable game from the XL promotion which was SM3DL.

So now i will want to transfer the saves i have on both of these over to my digital copies of the same game. once that's done i can now try and sell/trade my physical copies in for cash if the price is right since i'll no longer have use for them! :).
---