How much is Mario Kart 7 on the eShop?

#1The Hye CircusPosted 3/26/2013 8:32:36 PM
I am planning to buy a 3DS XL at Target while it's on sale. Since the Mario Kart bundle is so much more money right now BUT since I wanted it loaded on the console instead of in cartridge form, I was wondering how much it costs on the eShop.

Do the games ever go on sale on the eShop? Should I just buy stuff like Pushmo on the eShop instead?
---
"Cats are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well" -Shigeru Miyamoto
#2Bane_Of_DespairPosted 3/26/2013 8:40:43 PM
$40 last time I checked. Games, especially a first party title like that, rarely go on sale on the eShop.
---
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?"
3DS FC- 5472-6201-0498
#3The Hye Circus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:49:44 PM
So buying it on the eShop is for convenience and for double Coins, right?
---
"Cats are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well" -Shigeru Miyamoto
#490sRetroGamingPosted 3/26/2013 9:33:13 PM
The Hye Circus posted...
So buying it on the eShop is for convenience and for double Coins, right?

You don't get double the coins. that was a promotion for NSMB2 only since the theme of the game was "collect a million coins" and since it was their very first retail title availible for download.

About digital.. yes it's basically for convenience pretty much. no cart carrying and i guess "instant" access to said game (great for conventions and such where you'll be needing to check Streetpass Mii Plaza often to clear out room quickly for more tags).

Obviously you don't get any physical items with purchase. it's a file and that's it. it's also tied to the system and that one system only. so you can't lend the game or trade it in or what not. keep all that in mind.

That said i will say a game like MK7 is PERFECT to have digitally since it's the type of game to play at any time.. over and over and over and over and over again, for YEARS to come and then some!. you'd get your money's worth trust me! haha.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#5The Hye Circus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 9:47:49 PM
Shame about that double coin thing, but yeah I think Mario Kart 7 was perfect for a cartless game. Plus I'll buy Luigi's Mansion and get Mario Bros 3D Land cartless, and that sounds like a solid one-two combo.

So I can buy 40 eshop points at Target, but what else? How much is Pushmo? I was told to get that eShop game.
---
#6warlord3Posted 3/26/2013 10:30:24 PM
The other thing is that games load/save faster if you buy the digital version, and if you buy a super fast SD card like the Sandisk Extreme.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer