Hotel Transylvania question (dead boards) Awesome Game????

#1IAmCaptPlanetPosted 3/26/2013 10:06:25 PM
1st of all, is it? 2nd of all, is it the exact same as the DS version but with widescreen and 3D, or are they totally different. I kno it's WayForward so its gotta be pretty good (play Thor DS)

who's played it??
---
THE POWER IS YOURS!
#2xellos667Posted 3/27/2013 5:52:32 AM
I bought it because 1.Wayforward 2. Jake Kaufman soundtrack. While I admit I had fun enjoying the sprite work and soundtrack, know that it's Metroidvania for babies. The castle is very small, and to extend the gameplay, you'll do fetch quests after fetch quest, with sometimes a basic boss battle. Like any Metroidvania, you'll gain new power to reach new places, but overall, it's a game you can finish in one sitting. There's some extra challenges level you unlock that allow you to get more collectables (which in turn allow you to get more heart). But it won't add much gameplay time

Overall, except if you find it at 5$ or less, or are a big WayForward fan, skip it.

PS: There's a file corrupting bug, right before the final boss, which you can't avoid, since it auto-saves. Basically, if you try to reload your save after the final boss, the game will crash. This is SOOOOO stupid and can't believe they let that slide. So I suggest making a backup file before entering the final room, so that you can come back to the castle afterward.
---
My 3DS digital games collection and slow progression beating it:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#3IAmCaptPlanet(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 1:34:34 PM
thanks, i believe i'll grab it up then. i couldn't imagine it being muck more expensive than that and it seems worth it,

does anyone know if the DS version has the same castle and enemies, or if its laid out different or anything?

any other "Metroidvanias" out there to speak of? WayForward's BloodRayne game is a pretty awesome org. Castlevania/Beat-em-up that people should buy
---
THE POWER IS YOURS!
#4xellos667Posted 3/28/2013 5:40:36 AM
If you're talking WayForward, don't miss on Shantae obviously for DSiWare. Also on the eShop, not too long ago they released a little doujin game called Bloody Vampire. It's kinda fun, and worth checking out.
---
My 3DS digital games collection and slow progression beating it:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku