Performed the physical-to-digital save data transfer tool earlier...

#11-Zeke-Posted 3/27/2013 4:06:41 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if Nintendo let you download the game you already have physically for free, and thent you'd be able to transfer your save?
---
"Official Toy Scraggy of the Pokemon Rumble U board"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
#1290sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 4:12:41 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
I really don't see the point. To use it, you have to have bought both versions of the same game. Thats just a waste of money.

MK7 came "pre-installed" (digital copy) for free in my XL bundle (exact same price as the other XL's being sold) and the digital copy of SM3DL was also free thanks to the current XL promotion.

You didn't think i strait up paid an additional $39.99 each for a digital copy of these two when i already owned them physically did you? xD. haha, no way!. since these two ended up being free i decided to go this route, moving my saves to the digital versions. why not? =P.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#13DeathSoul2000Posted 3/27/2013 4:14:37 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Save data from both versions will NOT combine into one, like the eShop accounts will do during a full system transfer. the physical save will completely overrwrite that of the digital save :(.

i don't know why you expected otherwise. i knew this was going to happen. anyway, why do you NEED internet for this? what happens if you try to do it without? what is nintendo's reasoning for this?
#1490sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 4:18:21 AM
-Zeke- posted...
Wouldn't it be nice if Nintendo let you download the game you already have physically for free, and thent you'd be able to transfer your save?

That makes WAY too much sense for them to even understand.. so that my friend will never happen.. ;) =P
---
#15OoSubaruoOPosted 3/27/2013 4:19:36 AM(edited)
90sRetroGaming posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
I really don't see the point. To use it, you have to have bought both versions of the same game. Thats just a waste of money.

MK7 came "pre-installed" (digital copy) for free in my XL bundle (exact same price as the other XL's being sold) and the digital copy of SM3DL was also free thanks to the current XL promotion.

You didn't think i strait up paid an additional $39.99 each for a digital copy of these two when i already owned them physically did you? xD. haha, no way!. since these two ended up being free i decided to go this route, moving my saves to the digital versions. why not? =P.

Technically, SM3DLand wasn't "free" per-say. You had to have paid $199+$39.99.
#1690sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 4:28:13 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Save data from both versions will NOT combine into one, like the eShop accounts will do during a full system transfer. the physical save will completely overrwrite that of the digital save :(.

i don't know why you expected otherwise. i knew this was going to happen. anyway, why do you NEED internet for this? what happens if you try to do it without? what is nintendo's reasoning for this?

Beats me. i guess i expected too much.. again!!. oh well.. i'm an idiot, lmao.

Ask Nintendo. only them where they will have it to where you need a whole bunch of extra unnecessary steps to make something actually work! xD. i thought the process would be an offline thing once downloaded.. guess not..
---
#1790sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 4:36:33 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Tzuba12 posted...

Technically, SM3DLand wasn't "free" per-say. You had to have paid $199+$39.99.

You're right, but i was getting the XL and LMDM either way at the end of the day lol. after a Best Buy price match of $159.99 and $30 in free GC's for purchasing the XL on the same transaction MK7 XL bundle was net $129.99 plus tax.

LMDM for $29.99 tax free and free shipping from Newegg. total net $159.98 for blue/black XL, digital MK7, physical LMDM and digital SM3DL. works for me ;).
---
#18SpideyknightPosted 3/27/2013 5:38:01 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Tzuba12 posted...

Wait, what XL promotion? I just bought one last week and all I got was 4gb card.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#1990sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:39:37 AM
Spideyknight posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Tzuba12 posted...

Wait, what XL promotion? I just bought one last week and all I got was 4gb card.

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/
---
#20wisemiddsPosted 3/27/2013 6:21:37 AM
The only digital retail game ill be getting is Animal Crossing. Don't want to support DD at all.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds