Why havent you went all digital yet?

#51MrKunioPosted 3/28/2013 7:07:34 AM
Willie_Makeit posted...
I'd rather OWN the games I pay for.

This. Dont have to screw around with moving files or memory cards etc. Plus boxes to keep them in.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#52james259Posted 3/28/2013 7:16:32 AM
Digital but hear me out. Having all your games on a PORTABLE system is just to good to pass up in my mind. After I beat Luigis Mansion I'm not going to want to switch out Pokemon because what's the point. If the game is always on the system then hey, I'll play it on and off. Same with Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and so on

I'm a sucker for box art but I'm not going to let that get in the way. And the whole "not owning it argument" is the stupidest, most ignorant argument I've heard.

Ya it sucks there's no account system (yet?) but I'm careful with all my systems. I'm not going to lose my 3DS! You know what I have almost lost... game cards. And it's been strokes of luck that I've found them

So please drop this argument. Everyone has their opinions but don't berate someone for choosing a side (longest post on GF for me:) )
---
It hurts so good
#53iusefebrezePosted 3/28/2013 7:18:51 AM
SkittyOnWailord posted...
Lazy_Haar posted...
My younger brother's 3DS has been acting up and Nintendo told me it wasn't covered by warranty when I shipped it to them.

That's strange. Did they give a reason?

iusefebreze posted...
Lost $30 of games by switching from my dsi to 3ds, even though they had record of me purchasing them on club nintendo.

How did you "lose them"? There's nothing stopping you from keeping your DSi and playing them on that. It's like saying Nintendo stole $1000 from me because I couldn't play my SNES games on my N64. :/

it wasn't short after I bought my 3ds that my dsi broke and Nintendo couldn't just put the games on my 3ds, I had to pay for my dsi to get repaired and let them tell me my games were lost
---
The average anime character has 47 gallons of blood.
#54LinkMaster2703Posted 3/28/2013 7:19:08 AM
MrKunio posted...
Willie_Makeit posted...
I'd rather OWN the games I pay for.

This. Dont have to screw around with moving files or memory cards etc. Plus boxes to keep them in.

Yup, sorry but I'm not going to pay $40 to just have some data. Digital games need a deep discount to reflect the money the publisher is saving on physical materials and the labor needed to produce them before I would even consider buying any retail games in digital form.
#55ZanimarPosted 3/28/2013 7:28:39 AM
Because I want the physical copies as a back up for a "just in case" alongside my digital games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx4HYOunLc&feature=plcp
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#56JobocanPosted 3/28/2013 8:15:38 AM
Digital is much more expensive other than Steam sales or GMG. It should be the opposite by far.
You don't ever really own a game you buy digitally.
I like having the boxes and carts/discs.
I can lend games to friends with physical copies, can't with digital.
I can resell if needed.

Going all-digital is going all-stupid.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#57lt519Posted 3/28/2013 9:02:40 AM
I've actually gone all digital. The convenience of not having to carry multiple games/be able to just change games on the fly is worth it. I don't trade games in to often and it's usually when their value is already dirt cheap.

If a game is significantly cheaper in hard copy, I'll buy it. But it has to be like a $15-20 difference. If it is $10 I'll pay for the digital. Time + gas = money
#58MrKunioPosted 3/28/2013 9:30:06 AM
I dont carry my 3ds everywhere and feel the need to bust out multiple games to play on the fly.

Are you gonna sit down in a mall and play fire emblem for 5 minutes, and then switch to monster hunter and play for 5 minutes, and then switch back to fire emblem to check your barracks?

Im just not sure I understand the logic in that? Its a nice convinience to have all of your games stored, but its not like physical copy people carry their 3ds and 20 games with them when they run to the gas station.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475