I don't understand Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

#1RemixDeluxePosted 3/27/2013 10:50:10 AM
So instead of getting a brand new Donkey Kong game we get a port of an existing one that's barely two years old?

I was ok with LoZ: Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64 cause those games were over a decade old now but this game? A Wii game that was made just last gen?

Did anyone really request for this to be made?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2LooksLikeRainPosted 3/27/2013 10:52:12 AM
Nintendo doesn't take requests. They make whatever they feel like making and we eat it up.
---
Is that a W shirt?
#3Koko_138Posted 3/27/2013 10:54:11 AM
DKCR had a horrible control scheme better suited for buttons than waggle. I'll certainly pick this up.
---
Stay Gold, Pony Boy
3DS FC: 0060 9847 9651
#4Darkstorm16Posted 3/27/2013 10:54:44 AM
Atleast I get to enjoy it without dealing with the annoying WiiRemote.....unless does it use the classic?
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#5serenade_betaPosted 3/27/2013 10:55:01 AM
What, you think game companies make games by requests from people here?
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#6ghostblade003Posted 3/27/2013 10:55:43 AM
Koko_138 posted...
DKCR had a horrible control scheme better suited for buttons than waggle. I'll certainly pick this up.

This. I like DKCR, but spent most of the time hopping everywhere instead of ever rolling. Which is a problem as in the older games, I quite liked to roll into multiple enemies to see how many I could hit in one go.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
PSN: DarkJustice77. Wii/DS/3DS codes: Just ask.
#7serenade_betaPosted 3/27/2013 10:55:44 AM
Darkstorm16 posted...
Atleast I get to enjoy it without dealing with the annoying WiiRemote.....unless does it use the classic?

What, so you are calling the WiiRemote for Donkey Kong annoying without actually trying it?
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#8RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 10:56:19 AM
serenade_beta posted...
What, you think game companies make games by requests from people here?

Yes I do believe they listen to their fans from time to time. Not every move, just really subtle ones.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#9AnclationPosted 3/27/2013 10:57:57 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
Nintendo doesn't take requests.

They sure don't. If they did, we'd at least have gotten Majora's Mask 3D by now.
#10Darkstorm16Posted 3/27/2013 10:57:57 AM
serenade_beta posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...

What, so you are calling the WiiRemote for Donkey Kong annoying without actually trying it?

I actually tried the whole WiiRemote on several games and I hated it, the motion was ehhh alright but couldnt get used to button placement.
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.