Thinking of buying this...

#1DarkfireAxelPosted 3/27/2013 3:00:15 PM
I haven't had a Nintendo console since the Gameboy advance and I regret this, so I'm actually considering buying this.

Honestly, is it worth it? Could you list me some good RPGs or games in general?

Keep in mind I've always been a fan of Pokemon games, but I don't like new generations so that I don't think will count.
Never liked Mario too (although I acknowledge the fact that it is a great franchise).

Long story short, please give me a reason (list of games) to buy this!
---
The winter's colde, Soone fulfill'd, And his yearning, Towards a winter's night, Wandering alone...
...The Wolf...
#2Stefan1277Posted 3/27/2013 3:07:38 PM(edited)
Never had a DS then?

Look at the top 10 of 3DS and the top 10 of DS.

There you have it. Since you never had a DS, you almost have an endless library of RPGs and first party games you could potentially buy, specially cheaper than they used to be when they came out.

Here's a list of some DS stuff:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/385578/features/best-50-nintendo-ds-games/
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#3DarkfireAxel(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 3:06:46 PM
I've taken a look at the top 10 but, knowing GFaqs, it's not always 100% trust worthy, since those lists tend to change based not on the quality of a game but on the hype.
Some opinions from 3ds owners are more than welcome, like if they are happy or they have a bit of regret for buying the console :)
---
The winter's colde, Soone fulfill'd, And his yearning, Towards a winter's night, Wandering alone...
...The Wolf...
#4JoeBudden42Posted 3/27/2013 3:09:47 PM
I bought it off a whim(played Zelda OoT in a store and had to have it) and I don't regret it one bit. I play it much more than my 360 or anything else, it's one of my favorite systems ever.

If you're looking ONLY for RPGs there is Denpa Man, Fire Emblem, and a bunch of good ones for DS.

I strongly suggest a purchase if possible :)
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.
#5DarkfireAxel(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 3:19:13 PM
JoeBudden42 posted...
I bought it off a whim(played Zelda OoT in a store and had to have it) and I don't regret it one bit. I play it much more than my 360 or anything else, it's one of my favorite systems ever.

If you're looking ONLY for RPGs there is Denpa Man, Fire Emblem, and a bunch of good ones for DS.

I strongly suggest a purchase if possible :)

Not only RPGs but still I think it's the most RPG-friendly console around, along with the PS3.

I've always wanted to play a good Monster Hunter (I had freedom, but it sucked imo) or Kingdom Hearts, never could, lol...
---
...The Wolf...