3DS without the filter and 3D

#1siegeshotPosted 3/27/2013 10:13:29 PM
Is there anyone else that would be interested in a 3DS without the filter and 3D slider? I can't play my games even in non-3d without getting a headache after a few hours. And these are all day headaches that nothing works on, and I can feel my eyes strained after just 20 minutes or so. Doesn't matter the game.

I know you're supposed to take breaks, but I shouldn't have to take a break with the 3d off but it's the filter. It drives my head nuts.

I would totally buy or have mine modded with a standard screen and no 3d. Does anyone know if Ninty does this or if a non-3d 3DS is coming out?

(btw NInty hand held gamer since the gray brick and everything in between...)

Imo we should have an option of a pure non-3D 3DS.
---
Next outbreak opportunity for Frank West to cover: RE6 Mercs: Reunion / RE Revs HD "Raid Mode". Last battle covered: uMvC3. He's covered wars ya know?
#2k_lub242Posted 3/27/2013 10:44:06 PM
You should see an optometrist. Apparently, having a hard time seeing the artificial 3D in movies and the 3DS or getting a headache as a result can be a sign of a problem with your eyes/brain working properly. Not sure if you knew that or not, but it certainly can't hurt. I keep thinking that I probably should, since I can have a hard time focusing on things after playing with the 3D on high or long enough.

Personally, I don't know what you mean about having a problem when the 3D is off. Looks like a normal LCD screen to me.
#3siegeshot(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 8:20:45 AM
k_lub242 posted...
You should see an optometrist. Apparently, having a hard time seeing the artificial 3D in movies and the 3DS or getting a headache as a result can be a sign of a problem with your eyes/brain working properly. Not sure if you knew that or not, but it certainly can't hurt. I keep thinking that I probably should, since I can have a hard time focusing on things after playing with the 3D on high or long enough.

Personally, I don't know what you mean about having a problem when the 3D is off. Looks like a normal LCD screen to me.

Hehe I don't need to go to an optometrist to know my brain ain't working right. But for now having a non-3D filtered 3DS would be a quicker and easier solution even if only temporary.

It irks me to be putting my eyes and head through all this even more necessary stress on top of looking at a screen in the first place.
---
Please include Frank West, Rachael (Rachel) Foley, Rebecca Chambers, and Jack Krauser in RE6 Mercs Reunion as well as RE4 Village and RE5 Public Assembly.
#4zatOMGPosted 3/30/2013 8:31:06 AM
k_lub242 posted...

I concur. How does the screen hurt your eyes when the 3d is off?
#5CurryfiendPosted 3/30/2013 8:38:01 AM
Are you sure you have the 3D slider down all the way? If you're playing with the 3DS XL then make sure it's clicked down in the off position. Playing with 3D turned off should be exactly the same as playing on a 2D screen like on DS or Gameboy
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ~ f00had
http://i50.tinypic.com/14ie929.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE5c8ugVYVc
#6pwingxPosted 3/30/2013 8:45:32 AM
Use the parental control to take the 3d away like if you were on 3ds browser
---
3ds fc 4983-5173-6592 name Pwing pm me when u add me
#7siegeshot(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 12:47:39 AM
pwingx posted...
Use the parental control to take the 3d away like if you were on 3ds browser

Ah ha let me try this and see if it works.
---
Please include Frank West, Rachael (Rachel) Foley, Rebecca Chambers, and Jack Krauser in RE6 Mercs Reunion as well as RE4 Village and RE5 Public Assembly.
#8RocketZXbluePosted 4/1/2013 5:09:34 AM
that sucks i'm sorry you can't enjoy the 3D, but even though i can see it well 2 hours of 3D play makes me mentally tired faster.
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME.
Admin of StreetPass San Jose Facebook page.
#9sixdeadpixelsPosted 4/1/2013 8:04:47 AM
You might have astigmatism.
---
Posted using GameFlux