Please help this new 3ds owner with recommendations.

#1basketheadxPosted 3/28/2013 1:00:06 AM
What games are must have in the 3ds library?

Right now I have Monster Hunter 3U which is one of the reasons. The other games I anticipated are PKMN XY and the SMT games.

I have eyes for fire emblem awakening and I am in the mood for some rpgs. However, I never played any of the previous titles and not so familiar with strategy rpg. Worth the money?

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature was my childhood but I didnt bother with much of the other games. How good is the is HM: A new beginning?
#2Fr33zPosted 3/28/2013 1:07:00 AM
Fire Emblem Awakening is a must and Luigis Mansion should be on your radar as well.
If your in the mood for RPGS games like Etrian Odyssey 4 and SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked and then Devil Summoner next month. Kid Icarus Uprising and Super Mario 3D Land would be a good add and while I havent personally playd HM: New Beginning alot of my friends have said they enjoyed it and its had a pretty good reception. You might wanna look into some eShop titles as well, games like Dillons Rolling Western, Mighty Switch Force, and Unchained Blades might peak your interest.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#3RPGNinja123Posted 3/28/2013 1:22:04 AM
Welcome to the 3DS and I highly recommend Overclocked but definitely get Fire Emblem as well.
---
Official RPGNinja123 of GameFAQs boards.
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#4sockesockePosted 3/28/2013 1:38:40 AM
kid icarus uprising
super mario 3d land
super pokemon rumble
tales of the abyss (if you havent played it before)
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#5ZombieRainicornPosted 3/28/2013 2:13:51 PM
Well I've only had my 3DS XL for a few months (it was hard as hell to find the pink and white one that I wanted in my area) and out of the few games I have I probably play HM: A New Beginning the most. It's awesome! There's new town events, new stuff to do, more town and character customization, etc. It's way more than a farming game at this point. I don't normally buy games at full retail price, but I picked this one up at full price and for me it's worth every penny. Not sure if you're into the Animal Crossing series but there's a new one coming out in May (I'm in the US) that sold incredibly well when it released in Japan, so I have high hopes for that. I saw someone else mentioned Tales of the Abyss, it's awesome so far. There's the Kingdom Hearts game that I'm not that far into so I can't say if the ending is good, but the battle mechanics are pretty fun and it's enjoyable so far (I'm a couple of chapters in). Zelda: OOT 3D is also an obvious pick. Unfortunately I don't own that many games for it yet so that's about all I can recommend. Happy gaming and enjoy your new Handheld!
#6phoenixdownerPosted 3/28/2013 2:28:39 PM
If you're left handed, Kid Icarus is difficult or near impossible to play without a Cicle Pad Pro and that's not available in the US or UK yet for the 3DS XL.

Super Mario 3D Land is a gem.

Fire Emblem is the perfect game to play if you're interested but haven't played a strategy or tactical RPG before. This game has a casual mode which is good if you're just getting your feet wet.

Luigi Mansion Dark Moon is getting lots of praise and good reviews.

Don't forget the 3D Classics in the eShop like Kirby and Kid Icarus.

Professor Layton Miracle Mask has great production values but avoid this game if straight up logic puzzles frustrate you. Although the ending is a bit cooky for me. I expected something more down to earth.

Don't forget many demos are available for some of these games. There's a video montage for Kid Icarus and Donkey Kong Country and a demo for Fire Emblem.

Avoid the new 3DS Castlevania.

Be sure to revisit old GameBoy gems. Press "START" while launching old Game Boy & GameBoy Color games to get a nifty border of the system with a slight 3D effect to make it appear the game screen is recessed into the system.

Not much wonderful is on the 3DS right now in my opinion but I'm sure that's to come. Zelda: Ocarina is pleasant also. I hope more come later. Be sure to play around with SwapNote. It gets better after you unlock features and Colors! 3D is nice to draw 3D pictures. If you aren't an artist, it's almost worth downloading just to view other people's drawing so you can download them and blend them in with your SwapNote stationaries.

Also, www.3DPorch.com is a great place to view 3D photos taken by people. Most photos are uploaded via 3DS but some are from other 3D cameras. You can upload your pics there too for 30 days or indefinitely with a $5 a year Gold Member account.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0791-1020-3656