Nintendo can "win" E3

#61Wekos1187Posted 3/29/2013 7:34:37 AM
Flamingace18 posted...
Nintendo's online is already failing seeing as how they still don't have accounts for it's consumers.

Also you seem to think the Wii, and GC had great titles to it. They sadly did not.

The gimmicks are there and they are without quality. Sad but true.

And what I meant by if Microsoft and Nintendo failed they still would have machines 3x stronger than the Wii U. Even if they go digital download only or you have to be connected online at all times.

Gaming has changed dramatically. Mario & Zelda are no longer the kings of single player games and SSB can't compete with online fighter games.

You seem to think I hate Nintendo and didn't enjoy my GC or Wii. I enjoyed the hell out of my GC (Probably my favorite system at that time), and enjoyed the Wii until I realized they had a total of three games that interested me. SMG, FE: RD, and SSBB.

The Wii never got Assassins Creed, Fallout, Battle Field, or Skyrim.

Nintendo's exclusives are great but they just don't match up against say Sony's or Microsoft's.

Halo = God of War > Mario.

Sad but true nowadays.

Ummm the gamecube had awesome games.
#62Megaman OmegaPosted 3/29/2013 7:47:04 AM
Sadly no.

With the 720 & PS4 getting reveals and whatnot, Nintendo can't compete. As a huge Nintendo fan, I have no problem admitting Nintendo is failing hard and fast and probably should switch to handhelds only.

When was the last time a new system ever hit its competition hard? The PS3 did poorly at first, the 3DS did poorly at first, the Vita and the U are still doing poorly. The 720 and PS4 aren't going to come smashing out of the gate kicking ass, if anything they will get outsold by almost everything else for 1-2 years and only take off after a considerable saving effort like with every system the last few years.
---
Kid Icarus: Uprising is a remake - DemonDog666
Only trolls and people who don't trust me ask for sources - DemonDog666
#63thisguy12Posted 3/29/2013 8:02:48 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
Sadly no.

With the 720 & PS4 getting reveals and whatnot, Nintendo can't compete. As a huge Nintendo fan, I have no problem admitting Nintendo is failing hard and fast and probably should switch to handhelds only.

When was the last time a new system ever hit its competition hard? The PS3 did poorly at first, the 3DS did poorly at first, the Vita and the U are still doing poorly. The 720 and PS4 aren't going to come smashing out of the gate kicking ass, if anything they will get outsold by almost everything else for 1-2 years and only take off after a considerable saving effort like with every system the last few years.

The Wii did amazing when the console was first released.
I think the 720/PS4 have the potential "to come smashing out of the gate kicking ass."
#64abbyhitterPosted 3/29/2013 10:25:32 AM
Nintendo can easily win E3 this year with new:
- Super Mario Galaxy 3 trailer (or whatever name it is) and release date
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U trailers and release date
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 trailer and release date
- Retro Studio's unannounced game trailer and release date
- Mark Kart U trailer and release date
- Pokémon X and Y trailer with new info
- Yarn Yoshi trailer with new info and release date
- X trailer with new info and release date
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#65Rurouni720Posted 3/29/2013 10:46:42 AM(edited)
thisguy12 posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
Sadly no.

The Wii did amazing when the console was first released.
I think the 720/PS4 have the potential "to come smashing out of the gate kicking ass."

Not with pricing issues, tard packs, and supply constraints.
So yea, prepare to be disappointed once both won't become the lightning in the bottle in this current economic crisis.
#66Rurouni720Posted 3/29/2013 10:44:39 AM
thisguy12 posted...
I wish Nintendo would solely go into the handheld department.
The 3DS has nice online capabilities, 3D without glasses, nice portable system...
They obviously shine in the 3DS. Pokemon X/Y, Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion...
So why is Nintendo is wasting their money and time into the Wii U?

The Wii U is simply atrocious.
The graphics are equal to or worse than the Xbox 360/PS3, consoles that have been out for more than five years.
Touchscreen gamepad? Touchscreen anything has been out for over ten years.
And the online system simply suck!
So is the Wii U innovative? Absolutely not.

3DS>Vita
Xbox 720/PS4>Wii U

If the Xbox 720 actually has augmented reality glasses, oh boy...

Well good thing your not their CEO then, unless you want Nintendo to go the way of SEGA.
lol? Wii U has better online capabilities than the 3DS, despite it's shortcomings. Though it is a nice portable system.
Because console's are where they generate most of their profits resources worldwide and get their brand recognition worldwide?

Subjective but not as pretty right now as to what it CAN be the future.
They are around it, with better capabilities. And no, they are not worse unless you want to cherry pick bad ports as a representative of the hardware. I guess MGS3D is a perfect exmaple of the 3DS's graphics despite being a crap-tier port that looks and performs worse than the PS2 (to which a lot of people thought the 3DS was worse than the GC/PS2 when evidence of better games proved otherwise).
So you dislike having off-tv play in your room, off screen from the TV with streaming performance that succeeds even the TV's output? Hell, you could say the same thing about the 3DS & Vita. Since your ironically calling it a nice portable with nice 3D capabilities while criticizing the touchscreen aspect of the Wii U (also, Gamepad >>>> 3D).
Just like the Xbox 360/PS3's where! What a shocker that you can't have everything perfect after launch. :D *facepalm*
Miiverse would like to have a word with you, not to say that the Wii U itself is groundbreaking and amazing compared to what the mass market thought of the Wii (which later on became a joke to hardcore gamers who pissed on it for being a "gimmick" console with no games).

Subjective (even though i personally agree).
Don't form an objective statement towards two consoles whom haven't released until they actually launch, it fare yourself more better in the future once all is said and done. Oh and by the way, i'd love to see your reaction once the 720 is confirmed to require Kinect (which is more gimmicky than the Wii remote and PS Move combined), always online DRM, etc.

Ehhh....
#67OoSubaruoOPosted 3/29/2013 11:00:58 AM
xdifferentx posted...
Nintendo can't win E3.

Sony will win it this year showing off all the new PS4 games..

I think Nintendo can beat Microsoft at least...

Sony has already shot themselves in the foot, with how they're handling the Ps4.
#68mahboiPosted 3/29/2013 2:10:08 PM
abbyhitter posted...
- Super Mario Galaxy 3 trailer

As a huge SMG1&2 fan, I would be very disappointed if they did that. The Mario platformer series is in desperate need of something new. Still, a Galaxy 3 would be a lot better than yet another underpowered nostalgia-fest.
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 59
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#69abbyhitterPosted 3/29/2013 2:46:26 PM
mahboi posted...
abbyhitter posted...
- Super Mario Galaxy 3 trailer

As a huge SMG1&2 fan, I would be very disappointed if they did that. The Mario platformer series is in desperate need of something new. Still, a Galaxy 3 would be a lot better than yet another underpowered nostalgia-fest.

I wasn't exactly calling it SMG3. You edited my post in your quote. I was calling it the next sequel in the 3D Super Mario series. Super Mario Galaxy 3 isn't a bad thing either. SMG3 doesn't have to follow the same formula as 1 and 2.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#70andizzle29662Posted 3/29/2013 2:51:59 PM
I would provably call it super Mario Universe. I can't wait for e3! It will be electric. Ps4, Xbox 720, and more wiiu games! I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan, but I do enjoy Sony a lot and Microsoft. I'm excited for their next consoles as I had a blast with ps3 and Xbox 720. Sony is awesome!
---
Most wanted: bioshock infinite, 3d mario game for WiiU, pokemon x, metro last light, animal crossing, pikmin 3, luigi mansion 2, and more.