Question about the useless data transfer update

#1LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 3/28/2013 1:45:45 AM
I don't have the digital version, but I just want to transfer my NSMBros. 2 save file to my 3DS or SD Card, then sell the game. Can that happen? If not, my wait for this update is for nothing.

If I copy my Mario Kart 7 cart save file to my MK7 digital version, I heard it's a cut & paste, not copy & paste, is that true? I don't want it to be stuck in my 3DS, I want my brother to be able to play it too with everything unlocked.

This is dumb just like the Wii to Wii U data transfer tool since it renders my Wii useless after all save data is transfered to my Wii U but there's games that GCN controller is a must.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 3/28/2013 2:03:35 AM
Its called a TRANSFER for a reason, meaning it transfers data, not copies.
#3IAznDragonI YanPosted 3/28/2013 2:16:23 AM
cut and paste. save file from cart to digital version. no turning back.
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
#4LegendaryHeroReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 6:33:19 PM
Wow these data transfers are useless after all. I wish I can save all files to the system itself & easily copy save files.
---
#5IAznDragonI YanPosted 3/29/2013 12:51:47 AM
that would be somewhat good and bad. good because you can make backups in case your file gets deleted/corrupted. bad because hackers could hack the saves
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
#6RocketZXbluePosted 3/29/2013 2:54:06 AM
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
that would be somewhat good and bad. good because you can make backups in case your file gets deleted/corrupted. bad because hackers could hack the saves

---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess, Kid Icarus)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX
#7Dark MousyPosted 3/29/2013 3:34:48 AM
I'm excited for it. I want certain games like Mario kart digital, but I have so much gameplay invested in my physical copy since I got it at launch. This allows me to seamlessly continue and lose the card. It will become useless once I have replaced all the games I would like digital instead of physical, which also includes mercenaries and star fox. I doubt I will "replace" physical games after that, since I decide ahead of time if I want it physical or digital now (seeing as how he option wasn't around back then).
---
PSN: Alchemix19
3DS: 1590-4954-3719
#8NekoakumaPosted 3/29/2013 3:52:59 AM
IAznDragonI Yan posted...

You've been able to make 3DS save data backups of carts since the 3DS came out. There are a few third party tools that already do it. Editing and restoring saves however is a different matter.

I have most of my 3DS saves backed up already.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#9xellos667Posted 3/29/2013 5:14:28 AM
Just go all digital, and you can always back-up your entire SD card :) So you can alway roll-back to a prior date if anything happen to your save (of course you need to roll back your entire SD card content...but still, I'm happy I can do this kind of backup by going all digital).
---
My 3DS digital games collection and slow progression beating it:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#10LegendaryHeroReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 12:41:14 AM
I didn't know there were 3rd party software that can copy/backup save files! I googled the link below, is that good or do you have another cheaper recommendation? Does this device mean that Pokemon games & Mystery Dungeon that normally has 1 save file slot, I can transfer my brother's saved game file in my computer & I can have my own save file?
http://www.r4-3ds.net/savedongle/r4i-savedongle-for-ds-lite-dsi-dsi-xl-3ds.html

Michi Mousy, I will never completely go digital since used retail copy is cheaper, there's sales/discounts too, storage space can get filled up someday, I can't let my brother borrow my games, I can't sell digital after I got tired of it, or I could lose my 3DS or someone could steal it & forever lose all my save game files.
---