Did I get a legit copy of Tetris DS?

#1Shadowstar108Posted 3/28/2013 5:20:39 AM
I went to a Gamestop with a few of my friends yesterday and I saw a copy of Tetris DS sitting in the pre-owned DS display case for $20. I wanted to buy it, so I asked the employee if I could test it with my 3DS, and it seemed to work just fine. I played it for about an hour last night too; nothing out of the ordinary happened, and it played just like I remembered it from 5 years ago.

I probably already answered my own question, but with a game like this, I want to be 100% sure of my purchase.
---
"Think we should tell them about the hexes, or sell it as is?"
#2masa8munePosted 3/28/2013 5:23:46 AM
it's just tetris so what gives.
---
Currently playing: Re:R, Mario kart 7, Tales of symphonia, Naruto clash of the ninja revulution 1/2
#390sRetroGamingPosted 3/28/2013 6:06:05 AM(edited)
Front:

NTR-ATRE-USA

Back:

NTR-005 PAT. PEND.

Back (below above):

ATRENOJO9

If this is what you have you have yourself a 100% legit copy :). i know mine is 100% legit. i got mine pre-owned from Gamestop CIB with ALL original paperwork (everything), including the original (unused) CN code sheet for $19.99 a few months back. sounds like you're good to go! :).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#4Shadowstar108(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 6:18:33 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Front:

NTR-ATRE-USA

Back:

NTR-005 PAT. PEND.

Back (below above):

ATRENOJO9

If this is what you have you have yourself a 100% legit copy :). i know mine is 100% legit. i got mine pre-owned from Gamestop CIB with ALL original paperwork (everything), including the original (unused) CN code sheet for $19.99 a few months back. sounds like you're good to go! :).

Mine has the top two correct, but the last line says ATRENOJ2O. What's that mean?
---
#5lepeosPosted 3/28/2013 6:21:59 AM
It means you have a pirated copy of Tetris DS.

Local law enforcement has been alerted to your location. For your safety and that of others we recommend you do not resist. Failure to comply could mean a T shape when you really need a straight line.
---
@lepeos
Pokemon White 2 FC : 2624 0583 6539
#6GlamGlorpsPosted 3/28/2013 6:25:56 AM
Shadowstar108 posted...
I went to a Gamestop with a few of my friends yesterday and I saw a copy of Tetris DS sitting in the pre-owned DS display case for $20. I wanted to buy it, so I asked the employee if I could test it with my 3DS, and it seemed to work just fine. I played it for about an hour last night too; nothing out of the ordinary happened, and it played just like I remembered it from 5 years ago.

I probably already answered my own question, but with a game like this, I want to be 100% sure of my purchase.

Yes if it plays in your 3DS it is legit; otherwise, it wouldn't even load.

The serial number matching on both the back and the circuit board means nothing as often the pirated versions of the major ones just copy that info as well.

Another way to check is based on how deep the bevel is on the Nintendo logo on the back of the cart. If it is only slightly indented, it is official, as the pirated ones have a much deeper stamp they use for the fake Nintendo logo.

Pirated copies also usually have a non-reflective Nintendo Seal on the front label, so if you rotate your cart back and forth and the seal just stays gold instead of reflects, it is most likely pirated.
#7Shadowstar108(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 6:30:15 AM
GlamGlorps posted...
Shadowstar108 posted...

Yes if it plays in your 3DS it is legit; otherwise, it wouldn't even load.

The serial number matching on both the back and the circuit board means nothing as often the pirated versions of the major ones just copy that info as well.

Another way to check is based on how deep the bevel is on the Nintendo logo on the back of the cart. If it is only slightly indented, it is official, as the pirated ones have a much deeper stamp they use for the fake Nintendo logo.

Pirated copies also usually have a non-reflective Nintendo Seal on the front label, so if you rotate your cart back and forth and the seal just stays gold instead of reflects, it is most likely pirated.

The indent is correct, but I can't really tell the difference with the seal and the rest of the gloss on the front label. I can kind of see something, but Im not sure...
---
#890sRetroGamingPosted 3/28/2013 6:36:17 AM
Shadowstar108 posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Front:

NTR-ATRE-USA

Back:

NTR-005 PAT. PEND.

Back (below above):

ATRENOJO9

Mine has the top two correct, but the last line says ATRENOJ2O. What's that mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-9SIG5zbYjw

Eventhough i already know mine is 100% legit after watching this vid this confirms it even more! lol. does yours look like this?.
---
#990sRetroGamingPosted 3/28/2013 6:37:03 AM
lepeos posted...
It means you have a pirated copy of Tetris DS.

Local law enforcement has been alerted to your location. For your safety and that of others we recommend you do not resist. Failure to comply could mean a T shape when you really need a straight line.

lol
---
#10Shadowstar108(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 6:41:45 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Shadowstar108 posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Front:

NTR-ATRE-USA

Back:

NTR-005 PAT. PEND.

Back (below above):

ATRENOJO9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-9SIG5zbYjw

Eventhough i already know mine is 100% legit after watching this vid this confirms it even more! lol. does yours look like this?.

Looks nothing like it. The label is more detailed and perfectly centered, and the product numbers on the back seem to have the correct indentation and coloration to them.
---