Wishful Thinking: Metroid Prime on 3DS

#1phoenixdownerPosted 3/28/2013 7:59:37 AM
What constitutes a social topic? I'm not sure if this is considered one. In any regards:

I know it's wishful thinking but I can't help myself in curving my appetite for a new Metroid game, especially on the 3DS. I started to realize that theoretically that Metroid Prime 1&2 should work really well on the 3DS considering that the graphics meet or exceed that of the GameCube. Also, the unconventional first person controls would allow the game to function on the 3DS without much compromise without a Circle Pad Pro (which still isn't available for the 3DS XL in the US). The only real concern would be how to map the visor controls since there is no C-Stick but I'm sure there's a simple and elegant solution that can be done via touch screen. I'd like the weapon beams to remain on the left D-Pad though. The Z-Button could be reassigned to SELECT since no such button existed on the GameCube controllers.

Anyways, I don't think the 3D effect would necessarily add to the gameplay but we finally have hardware that's portable and capable to do such tasks. It's all likely hopeless but I've been a bit curious as to whether anyone else has had the same thought.

Whether you like Other M or not, let's just leave that game out of the discussion. It'll just cause a heat wave of anger either way that'll rival the intensity of a Power Bomb.
#2ShadowMario3Posted 3/28/2013 8:01:13 AM
If they were to remake Prime, I'd rather see it on the Wii U in HD with both Wii U Pro/tablet and Wiimote+Nunchuck controls. Of course, I'd rather wish for a new Metroid game instead of a remake. Maybe they could do Prime Hunters 2 on 3DS.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3
#3parKb5Posted 3/28/2013 8:04:21 AM
I wish for a new Metroidvania game on the 3DS. I'm not a big fan of FPS, so I kind of skipped the whole Prime era. I did try them out at a friend's house, but I'd rather have a side scrolling Metroid.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#4ShadowMario3Posted 3/28/2013 8:06:26 AM
parKb5 posted...
I wish for a new Metroidvania game on the 3DS. I'm not a big fan of FPS, so I kind of skipped the whole Prime era. I did try them out at a friend's house, but I'd rather have a side scrolling Metroid.

You missed out on a great series. Metroid Prime is the best Metroid imo.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3
#5phoenixdowner(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 8:08:21 AM
I can understand wanting the Primes remade for Wii U but I considered that even more unlikely since the Metroid Prime Trilogy box sex already updated the textures with bloom lighting and motion controls for the first two prime games. I'd certainly like to see a new Metroid as well but Nintendo seems to be on kick with re-releasing software.

I wouldn't be opposed to a new Hunters game as long as they made a stronger single player campaign. Hunters is my least favorite because the backtracking was outside of the typical Metroid formula, all to collect Octoliths guarded by the same boss each and every time.

Although, since Samus is wanted for treason (I won't elaborate further, I'm hoping you know what I'm talking about) that'll make another good Hunters game with a bounty on her head.
#6RealTidesPosted 3/28/2013 8:09:27 AM
tbh i have no idea why nintendo has 2 handhelds, the wii u and 3ds
it doesn't help them anyway regarding market share
while the 3ds isn't a complete handheld separate from the DS ( i dont consider it a new handheld, more like an upgrade for the DS) they're really competing against sony and mobile phones/tablets..and making a separate game library for 2 different handhelds is just ............

anyway the 3ds needs a metroid game....but the meteoroid seems to have moven towards a consolely feel..so most prob nintendo will make one of they ever do..for the wii u..
#7phoenixdowner(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 8:16:21 AM
RealTides posted...
tbh i have no idea why nintendo has 2 handhelds, the wii u and 3ds
it doesn't help them anyway regarding market share
while the 3ds isn't a complete handheld separate from the DS ( i dont consider it a new handheld, more like an upgrade for the DS) they're really competing against sony and mobile phones/tablets..and making a separate game library for 2 different handhelds is just ............

anyway the 3ds needs a metroid game....but the meteoroid seems to have moven towards a consolely feel..so most prob nintendo will make one of they ever do..for the wii u..

It really could go either way. A 3DS and Wii U version could both be in development just like Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime were. Nintendo has a strange way of apologizing and I believe two Metroids made up for 8 years without anything during the N64 era. Perhaps they'll do the same considering the OTHER game they released.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0791-1020-3656
#8esoteric42Posted 3/28/2013 8:36:16 AM
I want the original StarFox from Super Nintendo on 3DS.
---
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
JPN 3DS Friend Code: 1778-9984-3124 (Jiro)
#9phoenixdowner(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 8:41:52 AM
esoteric42 posted...
I want the original StarFox from Super Nintendo on 3DS.

I want a lot of things from the eShop. I want GBA games, downloadable DS games, SNES games, Genesis games, and original Game Boy games with the ability to swap color palettes like the Super Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, and Game Boy Player did. I thought it was wrong of Nintendo to strip a feature that we've enjoyed since 1994.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0791-1020-3656
#10StarmanJuniorPosted 3/28/2013 8:50:48 AM
I'd be worried that they'd botch it with stylus controls
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.