Wishful Thinking: Metroid Prime on 3DS

#21RealTidesPosted 3/29/2013 3:17:17 AM
phoenixdowner posted...
super_taco_ftw posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
RealTides posted...
tbh i have no idea why nintendo has 2 handhelds, the wii u and 3ds
it doesn't help them anyway regarding market share
while the 3ds isn't a complete handheld separate from the DS ( i dont consider it a new handheld, more like an upgrade for the DS) they're really competing against sony and mobile phones/tablets..and making a separate game library for 2 different handhelds is just ............*

anyway the 3ds needs a metroid game....but the meteoroid seems to have moven towards a consolely feel..so most prob nintendo will make one of they ever do..for the wii u..

What the hell?

He must be trolling. No one can possibly be that stupid. And Prime is probably one of my favourite games of all time (with Trilogy's updated controls) so I'd love to see it on 3DS. Or a new First Person Metroid game.

I actually think I know what he's trying to say. Basically the Wii U GamePad is a game tablet that requires a central hub, the system itself. Since games can be played on the GamePad instead of the TV he views it as a handheld device - or at least more of the same compared to the DS and 3DS.

He's trying to say that he doesn't think this approach will compete well with things like the iPhone or iPad which can play games on the TV using the Apple TV and downgrading the tablet or a phone to a controller, a controller with the system built into it.

I can agree and disagree with that. In iPads current form, with Apple TV in mind, the GamePad is superior but that's only because the features of the iPad and iPhone are underutilized and mostly tailored towards casual gamers. Little effort has been made to tap into the hardcore market. On the other hand, cheaply iOS games are thriving while the console and handheld dedicated game system market is in a decline, 25% down from this time last year and development studios are closing left and right.

I do agree that the Wii U is a desperate move to compete with tablet gaming from iOS and to a lesser extend, Android tablets. However, Nintendo is more dedicated to game development than Apple. However, if Apple decides to go at it hard and shake things up then Nintendo will have a massive contended to deal with.

I'm not entirely sure if that what his post meant but its the best way I can put it together. He sees the dual screen environment in the living room and commuter train as redundant and is foolhardy in comparison to iPad and iPhone. For the moment, he is wrong but that could become true in a heart beat.

yup..i guess i made it come out ambiguous since i was typing from my head
#22thetoughkidPosted 3/29/2013 3:38:01 AM
ShadowMario3 posted...
parKb5 posted...
I wish for a new Metroidvania game on the 3DS. I'm not a big fan of FPS, so I kind of skipped the whole Prime era. I did try them out at a friend's house, but I'd rather have a side scrolling Metroid.

You missed out on a great series. Metroid Prime is the best Metroid imo.

He did not miss out on anything really, since he said he doesnt really enjoy FPS.

I tried Prime and Prime 2, they are both horrible and extremely boring imho.

Just give me another side-scroller Metroid game like Fusion...

Metroid Fusion > All the FPS Metroid games.
---
3DS FC: 4656 - 6217 - 3476
PSN: Dupichos
#23IHeartMetroidPosted 3/29/2013 4:24:38 AM
"they are both horrible and extremely boring imho."

Then your mho stinks and nobody should ever listen to it again. Prime and Prime 2 were superb.

If Nintendo put the Trilogy on a 3DS cart and charged a hundred bucks for it, I'd be out there in two shakes of a lamb's tail.
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#24DahlVaughnniPosted 3/29/2013 4:27:36 AM
parKb5 posted...
I wish for a new Metroidvania game on the 3DS. I'm not a big fan of FPS, so I kind of skipped the whole Prime era. I did try them out at a friend's house, but I'd rather have a side scrolling Metroid.

Make up your mind. Do you want to play castlevania or metroid? Metroidvania refers to a castlevania game that takes place in a metroid-style world. I think what you're asking for is simply.... a metroid game.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#25Kaze_MemaryuPosted 3/29/2013 6:21:08 AM
parKb5 posted...

And that's where you really fell for a misconclusion. Metroid Prime is as much of an FPS as Mirror's Edge.
It's only in first-person perspective, but there's a lot more strategy, puzzles and platforming involved than actual shooting action. And the auto aiming disqualifies the Prime series as an FPS in general, since manual aiming is one of the core points to FPS.
---
"Evil beware - we have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans
I TRANSLATE!!! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959197-tales-of-graces/64405766