Upgrading to a 3DS XL today!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Upgrading to a 3DS XL today!
2 years ago#1
Headed to Target after work to pick up the 3DS XL with the deal they still have going on. I bought Dark Moon last night and realized that if I picked up the 3DS XL for $160 I'd get a free game and could probably sell my old 3DS for close to $100. My hands were getting too cramped with the original 3DS and I could use a bigger screen.

What free game should I get? I was thinking Professor Layton since I already have 3D Mario Land.

/blogfaqs
2 years ago#2
Layton is the best choice, really good game. I find myself playing it even more than LM.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
2 years ago#3
What a coincident!

I did the exact same thing for the exact same reasons (cramped hands, bigger screen) not even 2 days ago using the same discounts.

I was tempted to get Layton, but I got Starfox. It's actually really good.

You won't regret it. I'm wondering how I got by on my original 3DS for so long! I couldn't play for more than an hour or so because I'm getting a little older these days... It was like upgrading from the DS original (ugh, what were they thinking??) to the DS lite. It's just that much better.
---
-This post is in no way shape or form a TOS violation-
2 years ago#4
Dalkin posted...
What a coincident!

I did the exact same thing for the exact same reasons (cramped hands, bigger screen) not even 2 days ago using the same discounts.

I was tempted to get Layton, but I got Starfox. It's actually really good.

You won't regret it. I'm wondering how I got by on my original 3DS for so long! I couldn't play for more than an hour or so because I'm getting a little older these days... It was like upgrading from the DS original (ugh, what were they thinking??) to the DS lite. It's just that much better.

Lol, I still have the original red Mario Kart DS. The thing is atrociously big and clunky.
2 years ago#5
I got the $160 3DS XL from Target. I also got Professor Layton with the promo as I had already bought Luigi's Mansion.

I finally had some time this weekend to play with the 3DS XL. I have to say that sadly the hand cramping did not stop, but I got through a lot more playing this time around before it started to bother me. So improvement there.

The bigger screens are phenomenal though. I found longer sessions were a lot less of a strain on my eyes. I didn't do a side by side comparison but it also seems the 3D effect is a bit better. Things seem to pop out a bit less, but the depth looks a lot better.

On a mechanical side it seems a lot more flimsy and cheap than the original 3DS, a little dissapointing there.

Battery life was definitely improved, but in the end not enough to call it a good battery. I play the 3DS 95% at home so this was never really an issue anyway, more of an inconvenience.

Worth spending the money to upgrade, so if your on the fence, do it!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Upgrading to a 3DS XL today!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived