Can we deduce that Sony's handhelds have better SLEEP mode ?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can we deduce that Sony's handhelds have better SLEEP mode ?

User Info: danny5329

4 years ago#1
Can we deduce that Sony's handhelds have better SLEEP mode ? - Results (117 votes)
55.56% (65 votes)
44.44% (52 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Go !

User Info: touyamizrahi

4 years ago#2
yes, owning both, the vita lasts WAAAY longer when both are put into sleep mode for almost a week under the couch and forgotten about. DS was red lighting shortly after opening it, vita was still good to go.
"That's like saying, "You're not a vegan! You're black!" - RPG maniac87 <3
PSN: KatouKimiko

User Info: wufei8706

4 years ago#3
I wish the Wii and 3DS had auto-off :(

User Info: Emeraldrox

4 years ago#4
I hate my psp's sleep mode. I can't ever figure out if its off or in sleep, both seem to have the same effect.
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216

User Info: arthur8642

4 years ago#5
Sony systems have longer lasting sleep modes.

3DS talks in its sleep though, which is fun.
imagineer: 'Next 3DS peripheral: the Spinning Chair Pro. Sit in this spinning office chair and play Face Raiders all day, without disturbing your 3D.'

User Info: GlamGlorps

4 years ago#6
Maybe on the Vita, but the PSP's "sleep" mode drains the battery like crazy, in addition to the PSP battery not holding a charge if you don't play it for a while where as the (3)DS batteries can come back to after months of not playing and still be at 100%.

User Info: n00bsaib0t

4 years ago#7
It's not a fair comparison. You can turn the wifi off and the 3DS will last just like a Vita or PSP. With wifi on with a Vita or PSP in sleep the wifi isn't actually doing anything. On the 3DS it's trying to street/spot pass, so it's not really sleeping it's just got the screen off.
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile

User Info: justphil13

4 years ago#8
My new 3DS XL was on 2 bars of battery at midnight last night. It was red (not blinking) when I woke up at 6:30. Wifi was turned off.

My Vita was asleep for ~2 weeks, wifi on, and still has half of its battery left.

Considering getting a charging cradle for my XL to make it a little easier to keep that sad battery topped off.

User Info: Second_Chances

4 years ago#9
Yep, though the 3DS and DSi get much better if you just shut off the Wireless.

User Info: Shadow-Angel

4 years ago#10
The Vita certainly has a better sleep mode than the 3DS and DS, but the PSP's was the worst of all.
The power you seek lies within you.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can we deduce that Sony's handhelds have better SLEEP mode ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived