Kit Icarus: Uprising sales just crossed 1 million in the year it's been out?

#912wingedangelPosted 3/29/2013 6:43:12 PM
It's still my favorite 3DS game, even over Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Also, lolEndgame.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#92_Candice_Posted 3/29/2013 7:28:58 PM
bcornelia posted...
lol

It sounds to me like you want the game to play like something it isn't. Viable options and depth? I have never seen anyone complain about the game lacking such features. You have dozens of powers and 100 different possible weapons with nearly unlimited options as to how they can be customized. Also, "free running, free dodging, free item use"? The hell does this even mean?

There's a reason why I harp on people who trash the game's controls- they don't know what they're talking about and their points tend to be f***ing stupid. The biggest complaint about the controls, namely the awkwardness in selecting Powers, I rarely even see touched on by the detractors. Funny that.

I dont get why you would argue just so you can settle for less. You dont even appear to have played a game in your life. This argument is beyond shill s***.

Nnamz is absolutely right. Had the handheld come equipped with dual analog this game would be capable of so much more. Ok, I endured the lack of proper controls on launch but about a year later there is STILL not a patch in sight to correct Circle Pad Pro compatibility.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#93king_darksPosted 3/29/2013 8:34:41 PM(edited)
_Candice_ posted...
bcornelia posted...
lol

It sounds to me like you want the game to play like something it isn't. Viable options and depth? I have never seen anyone complain about the game lacking such features. You have dozens of powers and 100 different possible weapons with nearly unlimited options as to how they can be customized. Also, "free running, free dodging, free item use"? The hell does this even mean?

There's a reason why I harp on people who trash the game's controls- they don't know what they're talking about and their points tend to be f***ing stupid. The biggest complaint about the controls, namely the awkwardness in selecting Powers, I rarely even see touched on by the detractors. Funny that.

I dont get why you would argue just so you can settle for less. You dont even appear to have played a game in your life. This argument is beyond shill s***.

Nnamz is absolutely right. Had the handheld come equipped with dual analog this game would be capable of so much more. Ok, I endured the lack of proper controls on launch but about a year later there is STILL not a patch in sight to correct Circle Pad Pro compatibility.

I think you need to get off Nnamz back candice (; Just because he is one of the most vocal *Serious* advocate against kid icaurs control scheme doesn't means he right. Kid icarus uprising. However seeing him around combating the ferocious and blind fanboys in a level headed way makes me proud :3

To bcornerlia: Have you ever played online and a fwrd charge shot from a black club destroyed your ass because you kept dodging in circles because it was impossible to run? Yeah that what he meant by "Free running" and "Free dodging". Since the command to dodge is situational you can only dodge when a attack is near you and can only dodge when a attack isn't. This restrict the control you have over your character's action. This screwed me over so bad in my earlier days of playing this game and still do it now since everything happens so fast you might dodge when you're trying to run because of a nearby shot causing you to get trapped by the stupid compact arm (To hell with the person who though of using it continuous fire).

This issue exposes the flaw in kid icarus control scheme. It is limited due to the nature of the touch screen :/ The melee button is also the button to shoot and this can lead to some very unwanted clashed because something happened to get to close to you (Something can be a damn turrent to not just a person). This also limit the amount of moves that can be performed for each weapon making combat feel basic and turn clashes into who isn't getting screwed over the most by lag. We can't also forget how worthless it makes the R button (or L for lefties) leaving out even more control options and there is the obvious discomfort that some get from holding the 3ds. This game is a bit tragic as so much effort was put into fixing and perfecting a flawed control scheme that it feels like it the game revolves around it and it isn't just a way to interact with the game itself.

Edited for corrections.
---
Why ain't I right if you can't tell me why I'm wrong :?
#94NnamzPosted 3/29/2013 11:57:31 PM
That was well articulated, king_darks.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#95bcorneliaPosted 3/30/2013 12:13:14 AM(edited)
Drama queens, all of you. Tragic? Hilarious.

The game controls with the 3DS' limitations in mind and does damn good job in doing so. All this bellyaching over contextual actions is blowing things way out of proportion- these things are hardly problematic and are totally acceptable compromises for such snappy touch screen aiming.

I recall someone throwing his "qualifications" in my face earlier: 9.0 difficulty, treasure completion, multiplayer hours, etc. As if this means anything: I'm in the same boat.

Keep b****ing about the controls, I'll continue enjoying the game.
---
This is an elite pirate
#96king_darksPosted 3/30/2013 12:14:27 AM
Nnamz posted...
That was well articulated, king_darks.

Thank you. If I proofreaded it better then it be easier to read though. It been a while since I typed up walls of text.
---
#97king_darksPosted 3/30/2013 12:28:09 AM
bcornelia posted...

The game controls with the 3DS' limitations in mind and does damn good job in doing so. All this bellyaching over contextual actions is blowing things way out of proportion- these things are hardly problematic and are totally acceptable compromises for such snappy touch screen aiming.

I recall someone throwing his "qualifications" in my face earlier: 9.0 difficulty, treasure completion, multiplayer hours, etc. As if this means anything: I'm in the same boat.

I think it time you had your diaper changed :P Seriously though if you can't handle a intelligent conversation without throwing a fit then play your damn game and stop sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. Although here is a little information to take with you.

1.What you define as "acceptable compromises" can be defined as " A Unacceptable cost" to others. For a few that comfort, For others that a varied and flexible control scheme that we don't ever have to fight with and others still a variety of actions to use.

2.We aren't blowing anything out of proportion in examining how kid icarus control scheme effected the development of the game itself and the inherent flaws of the control scheme it is built on. Just looking at the jump-pads placed throughout the level make me wonder what could've been if this game has included another analog... maybe vertical combat might could've been a valid option! If they can go this far with only a circle-pad, A L button and a touchscreen imagine if the game factored in every button.
---
#98omegaslash14Posted 3/30/2013 1:46:10 AM
king_darks posted...
bcornelia posted...

I think it time you had your diaper changed :P Seriously though if you can't handle a intelligent conversation without throwing a fit then play your damn game and stop sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. Although here is a little information to take with you.

1.What you define as "acceptable compromises" can be defined as " A Unacceptable cost" to others. For a few that comfort, For others that a varied and flexible control scheme that we don't ever have to fight with and others still a variety of actions to use.

2.We aren't blowing anything out of proportion in examining how kid icarus control scheme effected the development of the game itself and the inherent flaws of the control scheme it is built on. Just looking at the jump-pads placed throughout the level make me wonder what could've been if this game has included another analog... maybe vertical combat might could've been a valid option! If they can go this far with only a circle-pad, A L button and a touchscreen imagine if the game factored in every button.

It most like wouldn't have been much different unless they forced Dual Analog controls, which would've been terrible since DA is a mediocre control scheme. Also this game is still a shooter and most shooters rarely have take your thumb off the right stick, so the face buttons wouldn't do anything majorly important.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3744-5436 Name: Mugen
Add Meh
#99_Candice_Posted 3/30/2013 4:28:18 AM
Dual Analog is the next best thing to Keyboard Mouse. Stylus controls are no less gimmicky than playing with the power glove.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#100FefnirOmega13Posted 3/30/2013 4:59:47 AM
bcornelia posted...
"argh i can't defend the points anymore here's some thinly veiled insults and some reassurance that at least I like the game >:("

Charming.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia