Best Downloadable Games?

#1Kamui_333Posted 3/28/2013 3:27:47 PM
What, in your opinion, are the best downloadable games/applications?

I'm talking things exclusive to the eShop, so no games that are also available in retail.

Virtual Console, 3D Classics, 3DS Download Software/Applications, DSiWare, are all ok.

Suggestions?
#2Furikuri_flclPosted 3/28/2013 3:52:35 PM
Out of the games I've played, I'd only recommend Ketzal's Corridors. Well made, very fun game with a lot of content for the price.

Sakura Samurai is pretty meh. Good looking but I'm not fond of the game gameplay. Very short too.

Picdun 2 is a mixed bag. Good looking with a lot of content but some of the puzzles were designed by a lunatic.

3D Classics Kid Icarus is free for 150 Club Nintendo coins, good game.

3D Classics Kirby's Adventure is also great if you don't already own it in some form (even if you do).

There are also plenty of gameboy games which are worth it. Link's Awakening and Metroid 2 come to mind.
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#3GhetsisPosted 3/28/2013 4:03:49 PM
Link's Awakening and Mario Golf are both fantastic GBC games. I highly recommend them.

Mega Man 1 and Ninja Gaiden are also excellent platformers.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#4StephenYap3Posted 3/28/2013 4:39:49 PM
Gunman Clive
Despite its short length, it's definitely a perfect buy, especially at $1.99.

Cave Story (3DS Ware)
Just another port with the latest additions added...regardless, it's a safe buy.

3D Classics: TwinBee
The most fun shmup I played on the 3DS.

Game Boy Donkey Kong
It's both the best Mario game and best Donkey Kong game I played on my Game Boy, and this one is still good to its age, even today.
---
Awaiting for Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#5TheZuperHeroPosted 3/28/2013 4:46:40 PM
Gunman Clive for the reasons mentioned in the post before mine.

Denpa Men is a simple but fun and lengthy RPG, though you might want to just wait for the sequel if it's being localized.

Unchained Blades is fantastic, but more of a full retail game (including price) so maybe it isn't what you're looking for.

Pushmo/Crashmo can eat up hours and the replayability is infinite thanks to the QR codes.

And lastly, Mutant Mudds is a wonderful 2D sidescroller with retro graphics and plenty to do.
---
Currently Playing: Unchained Blades, Phoenix Wright 3, Denpa Men
3DS Info: Jake - 4167-4549-4028 (Feel free to add me, message to be added back!)