Have you played Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward yet?

#31AtalalamaPosted 3/28/2013 9:05:06 PM
I recently finished my VITA version (LOVED IT!!!), and will be playing the 3DS version in a short while to catch all the stuff I missed the first time around.

Yes, I bought both versions.
#32harcoreblazerPosted 3/28/2013 9:26:46 PM
No, but i want to *_*.
---
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't
#33kwando1313Posted 3/28/2013 9:59:13 PM
Yes, I have.

I prefer VLR over 999 overall as a game, but 999 has better atmosphere.
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#34LinkMaster2703Posted 3/28/2013 10:09:24 PM
Nope, not even slightly interested.
#35Lord_FroodPosted 3/28/2013 10:16:38 PM
pbandjames posted...
He also wanted to have the scene where ---Clover---- gets tied up by ------Dio------ actually be Dio raping Clover, but the publishers obviously had a problem with that. I personally think that would have been interesting if that happened, because it would make ------Dio------- into even more of a hate-able character, but the way they made the character works.

Nope. Until you've been through that yourself or are extremely close to someone who's had that happen to them, you won't realize how terrible of a thing that is. It would have honestly been the most gut-wrenching thing in that game for me. I know I'd probably have just shut the game off and never would have finished it.

I'm trying my hardest not to get personally offended or angry at you because simply put, you just don't get it.
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#36pbandjamesPosted 3/28/2013 11:30:19 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
pbandjames posted...
He also wanted to have the scene where ---Clover---- gets tied up by ------Dio------ actually be Dio raping Clover, but the publishers obviously had a problem with that. I personally think that would have been interesting if that happened, because it would make ------Dio------- into even more of a hate-able character, but the way they made the character works.

Nope. Until you've been through that yourself or are extremely close to someone who's had that happen to them, you won't realize how terrible of a thing that is. It would have honestly been the most gut-wrenching thing in that game for me. I know I'd probably have just shut the game off and never would have finished it.

I'm trying my hardest not to get personally offended or angry at you because simply put, you just don't get it.

How about I do get it? I have been personally affected by it , you pretentious ass. Just because I'm not going to let it bring me down for years doesn't mean it hasn't affected me. It's not like the game was going to have a joke about it; if murder can be portrayed in a videogame, I don't see why a crime just as horrible if not worse can't be portrayed seriously.
---
Game news is the best news.
#37Bikes-Posted 3/28/2013 11:48:55 PM
pbandjames posted...
Lord_Frood posted...
pbandjames posted...

How about I do get it? I have been personally affected by it , you pretentious ass. Just because I'm not going to let it bring me down for years doesn't mean it hasn't affected me. It's not like the game was going to have a joke about it; if murder can be portrayed in a videogame, I don't see why a crime just as horrible if not worse can't be portrayed seriously.

To be fair the psychological damage is probably worse in rape's case since the person is still alive and it effects the people around them, where with murder it just effects the people around them, and death is something everyone will have to learn to accept at one point or another anyway. That being said, avoiding the subject completely is a bit silly unless it's being done in a utterly tasteless fashion. I for instance was bullied as a kid, doesn't mean I get offended by bully characters or plots.
#38uberking422Posted 3/29/2013 12:06:05 AM
g6260 posted...
toad133 posted...
I'm interested but I'm holding off because I've heard it isn't as good as 999.

Tbh overall its probably better than 999, the problem is the ending is terrible and basically only serves to try and set up a sequel. Wheras 999 while leaving the door open to a continuation still had a completely satisfying conclusion on its own.

To be fair, that's just what a lot of stories do. In the middle of a trilogy, or other series of finite length, the middling installments almost always end on a less self contained conclusion. Star Wars, Pirates of the Carribean, Harry Potter, Back to the Future, etc. After all, when you make the first installment of a series, you can't know for certain whether or not it will be successful enough to merit a sequel, so it's much safer to end on a triumphant note so you don't spite the people who bought the story. When you've been greenlit for a sequel, it's usually safe to assume that you'll be able to produce a sequel to said sequel, so you can end things on a cliffhanger that leaves the audience wanting more, ensuring they'll buy the next installment.
#39pariah164Posted 3/29/2013 12:17:14 AM
pbandjames posted...

No. No, no, and no. Just no.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#40Storm ChamberPosted 3/29/2013 5:04:53 AM
Played it on Vita.

Really at a loss at how the 3DS version was so inferior after 999.
---
"We will not solve our problems by announcing them to the general public. We only speed ourselves on our way to the gallows." - Dr. Harlan Fontaine