WOW! wasn't planning on getting Fire Emblem but I just played the Demo and WOW!

#1HellsingOrgPosted 3/29/2013 2:37:16 AM
instabuy.

never played an FE game and I suck and sorta hated all other SRPGs I played but something about this one made me want to play it!

I hope the fanbase doesn't ridicule me for playhing on the easiest casual mode though.
since its my first time playing an srpg that I can actually enjoy I don't want to kill my first experience so I'm going to try and play on easy.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2sockesockePosted 3/29/2013 2:40:22 AM
im kind of in the same situation as you except i havent tried the demo yet. all this talk about the game makes me curious though. in the description it even says its suitable for people who havent played many strategy games.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#3AmendythPosted 3/29/2013 3:07:22 AM
It is very accessible. Normal/Casual is the "easy" setting on this game. Casual: If your characters "die" they simply leave the current battle. Classic is perma-death in terms of using them for any future battles.

Play what's fun for you.
---
I fell down...again.
#4Lord_FroodPosted 3/29/2013 3:46:11 AM
At least do Hard Casual. Normal is a freaking cakewalk, like, you have to be trying to lose. There are 4 difficulties and Hard is the 2nd easiest.
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#5RocketZXbluePosted 3/29/2013 3:49:24 AM
call me a noob, casual, or whatever, but I like NOT HAVING PERMADEATH.
I was able to complete the demo on casual/hard, and classic/hard. couldn't do lunatic on either mode D:
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess, Kid Icarus)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX
#6Wynters387Posted 3/29/2013 3:53:19 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
At least do Hard Casual. Normal is a freaking cakewalk, like, you have to be trying to lose. There are 4 difficulties and Hard is the 2nd easiest.

That would just be odd if Hard was the most difficult and lunatic was the second hardest
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF/Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board/Official Godot of the GS/AA5 board(s)
#7EM_MegaPosted 3/29/2013 3:57:40 AM
I highly recommend you go Hard/Casual, Normal is easy to the point of being braindead.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#8Storm ChamberPosted 3/29/2013 5:03:43 AM
This was me 2 months ago
---
"We will not solve our problems by announcing them to the general public. We only speed ourselves on our way to the gallows." - Dr. Harlan Fontaine
#9SlimeStackPosted 3/29/2013 5:07:34 AM
I felt the same. I have a feeling this game might be the FF7/OoT of the franchise where us newbies join in the masses.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#10nonexistingheroPosted 3/29/2013 5:15:52 AM
I don't see why the demo would really 'wow' anyone in terms of gameplay. It's just basic Fire Emblem for most part. Love the CG scenes though, especially 3D.

I can't help, but wonder why they haven't made some anime in this style :(
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.