Best Pokemon game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Best Pokemon game?
3 years ago#11
Phantom_Nook posted...
Black/White are good entry games, but their sequels, Platinum and HG/SS are better games.

What crack are you on?
Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver came BEFORE Black/White and Black2/White2.
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
3 years ago#12
Because you haven't played since Red/Blue I'd recommend grabbing HeartGold/SoulSilver. They're simply updated remakes of the original Gold/Silver (which were the sequels to Red/Blue). It's going to have a lot of pokemon you're familiar with so the game itself won't feel as overwhelming and foreign.

EDIT: And when you're done with the Gold/Silver portion of the game, you continue by playing through the region from Red/Blue!
so delicious and moist
3 years ago#13
black/white 2 by far
I walk ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you
http://myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight
3 years ago#14
BW or BW2.

Gen IV is so slow it's painful.
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
3 years ago#15
Phantom_Nook posted...
Black/White are good entry games, but their sequels, Platinum and HG/SS are better games.

What crack are you on?

I meant the sequels of Black and White. Sorry that wasn't clear to you.
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
(message deleted)
3 years ago#17
TC, I would start with HG/SS because it is a good introduction to gen 2 pokes and then post game you can play with gen 4 pokes. The only thing I didn't like about HG/SS was the level scaling. Platinum is another good pick and B/W2 after that or just get B/W2 if you want to be current and play in wifi tournaments.
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
3 years ago#18
Diamond/Pearl are honestly my favorites. Sinnoh's the best world to explore. BW are obviously more impressive visually, but Unova's too linear, and Gen 5's Pokemon were the first gen where I couldn't refute the stupid "POKEMON PAST 151 SUCK" people.

That said, I prefer Black/White 1 over the sequels. The mid-section of BW2 from Gyms 3-6 was really lazy and recycled, it went back to the generic story of pre-BW Pokemon games (arguably pre-DP), and though it had way more new content than the standard "3rd color" games like Yellow and Crystal, it still wasn't quite enough to satisfy a sequel.

But to answer the OP's question, go for Platinum, Black/White 1, or HeartGold/SoulSilver. Ideal versions of each generation to get you back into the series.

Ghetsis posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Phantom_Nook posted...

What crack are you on?

I think that was just poor wording on his part. I'm pretty sure that by "their sequels," he meant Black 2 and White 2.

This is why I still support the oxford comma! :P
3 years ago#19
I'd get either Black 2/White 2 or if you want an older series the remakes of Silver/Gold on the DS or Platinum.
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
3 years ago#20
Crystal.
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Best Pokemon game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived