Best Pokemon game?

#11GoldenSun3DSPosted 3/29/2013 10:32:43 AM
Phantom_Nook posted...
Black/White are good entry games, but their sequels, Platinum and HG/SS are better games.

What crack are you on?
Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver came BEFORE Black/White and Black2/White2.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#12blh88Posted 3/29/2013 10:55:03 AM(edited)
Because you haven't played since Red/Blue I'd recommend grabbing HeartGold/SoulSilver. They're simply updated remakes of the original Gold/Silver (which were the sequels to Red/Blue). It's going to have a lot of pokemon you're familiar with so the game itself won't feel as overwhelming and foreign.

EDIT: And when you're done with the Gold/Silver portion of the game, you continue by playing through the region from Red/Blue!
---
so delicious and moist
#13SefcaBlightPosted 3/29/2013 10:52:37 AM
black/white 2 by far
---
I walk ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you
http://myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight
#14GhetsisPosted 3/29/2013 10:55:43 AM
BW or BW2.

Gen IV is so slow it's painful.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#15Phantom_NookPosted 3/29/2013 1:06:29 PM
Phantom_Nook posted...
Black/White are good entry games, but their sequels, Platinum and HG/SS are better games.

What crack are you on?

I meant the sequels of Black and White. Sorry that wasn't clear to you.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#16GhetsisPosted 3/29/2013 1:11:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17SalogyPosted 3/29/2013 1:30:44 PM
TC, I would start with HG/SS because it is a good introduction to gen 2 pokes and then post game you can play with gen 4 pokes. The only thing I didn't like about HG/SS was the level scaling. Platinum is another good pick and B/W2 after that or just get B/W2 if you want to be current and play in wifi tournaments.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#18BringerOfPiePosted 3/29/2013 2:00:50 PM
Diamond/Pearl are honestly my favorites. Sinnoh's the best world to explore. BW are obviously more impressive visually, but Unova's too linear, and Gen 5's Pokemon were the first gen where I couldn't refute the stupid "POKEMON PAST 151 SUCK" people.

That said, I prefer Black/White 1 over the sequels. The mid-section of BW2 from Gyms 3-6 was really lazy and recycled, it went back to the generic story of pre-BW Pokemon games (arguably pre-DP), and though it had way more new content than the standard "3rd color" games like Yellow and Crystal, it still wasn't quite enough to satisfy a sequel.

But to answer the OP's question, go for Platinum, Black/White 1, or HeartGold/SoulSilver. Ideal versions of each generation to get you back into the series.

Ghetsis posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Phantom_Nook posted...

What crack are you on?

I think that was just poor wording on his part. I'm pretty sure that by "their sequels," he meant Black 2 and White 2.

This is why I still support the oxford comma! :P
#19NavexPosted 3/29/2013 2:04:53 PM
I'd get either Black 2/White 2 or if you want an older series the remakes of Silver/Gold on the DS or Platinum.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
#20strongo9Posted 3/29/2013 2:18:25 PM
Crystal.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m