OH SNAP! Did the 3DS update improve framerate issues for games???

#61PendragoonPosted 3/30/2013 8:57:10 PM(edited)
Tales of the Abyss no longer has massive slowdown in forests on the overworld, just minor stutter on occasion now.

The entire overworld seems smoother...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#62BigDaddyWingnutPosted 3/30/2013 8:52:54 PM
Frozenx07 posted...
alamazing1234 posted...
Is code of princess playable yet?
I would like to know this too. I avoided the game because of the slow down.

It's been a couple months since I last played, but I just fought a couple battles and it does seem to be a bit quicker than I remember! Maybe it's just me, though.
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
SmashKing just equated liking Animal Crossing to supporting rape. Yep, that just happened. - Tzuba12
#63MinamoPosted 3/30/2013 9:00:49 PM
I, like others, thought this was a load of bull and simply a placebo effect, so I easily tested it myself. I hadn't updated yet, and if you haven't you can replicate this test (granted you have to be far into MH3U).

I've been playing MH3U religiously, and although for the most part the framerate is almost always 30+, there is one really blatantly bad, sub-15FPS area, and that is the Underwater Ruin campsite during the Goldbeard Ceadeus fight. Standing anywhere in that little area and spinning the camera absolutely kills the framerate (I think it has something to do with the rocks blocking two exits along with the large amount of water surface). So I went into the fight, farcastered, maxed out 3D, spun the camera and watched the awful framerate for a good minute, and then quit and updated.

Surprisingly enough, when I went back, the framerate was much better. It's still has a small stutter when sweeping the camera back towards the two sets of rocks, but it seems to be 30 FPS now. I can't speak for any other games, but it does seem like there is an improvement for MH3U, at least in the area I've tested.
#642wingedangelPosted 3/30/2013 10:12:16 PM
I thought Dread Fighters were teleporting during their attacks. Now I see that they're just jumping really f***ing high. As nice as better framerate is, it kinda took some of the magic away.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#65LWLPosted 3/30/2013 10:32:49 PM
Just wanted to add my own anecdote. I was playing Find Mii II today and was fighting the last boss (Dark Emperor). I remember before there was slowdown when moving heroes during the big boss fights, which was a little annoying when I wanted to shuffle through the line to get to a particular hero. It seems now after the update the heroes are moving faster. I see from this topic I might not have been imagining things.