Should i get Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, or Luigis Mansion?

#81Tzuba12Posted 3/29/2013 11:52:09 PM(edited)
king_darks posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
footballdemon86 posted...
is there that much grinding in MH?

Yes, BUT, the thing about MH is that it never really feels like grinding, because each time you fight that monster, you're learning its moves and behavior until you get to a point where dodging its attacks is second nature.

See, I HATE grinding in RPGs, but when I grind in MH, it doesn't bother me at all. You're not just spamming the A button and waiting for your character to attack.

Here, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNA-ocsiMw

The fights are so engaging that even though you may fight a monster a dozen times you must still be attentive while fighting it or get whooped as badly as if you fought it the first time. So it doesn't get old in the sense that it get dull due to the fight getting boring but just you can't get your armor set or weapon you want without investing HOURS of time into it. Also Tzuba12 you forget to mention catching bugs, mining ore, and catching fish (Unless it that different from unite). There is alot of setting up for these fights and I don't want tc to be misled :/

Oh yeah well you DO have to mine and catch bugs, but I never really saw it as a big deal because it really doesn't take long, and I personally find it kind of relaxing to go and harvest stuff after fighting monsters for hours. While it IS important, its not the bulk of the game. And once you upgrade the farm enough, its not really an issue anymore.

Edit: For the bugs, and plants, that is. You still have to mine and fish. Although, I don't think I've fished once in my 80 hours so far. Plus you can send out the fishing boats.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#82De_Blob_XPosted 3/30/2013 2:35:09 AM
okay im here to talk about MH and all nonsense people said here.

i played tri 2000hours. online was bad to me because other random players so i played only with my friends.
Mh3u is great game to get and is cool without online. you will never get bored and you will have a lot of great time playing it.
---
Consoles I own: | PS1 | PS2 | PSP | PS3 | 3DS |
3DS FC: 2148-9559-6439
#83Neo1661Posted 3/30/2013 6:08:39 AM
honestly I am a huge RPG fan and this Fire Emblem looks from the 80's.

So Ugly. I would never try to post something negative on the Fire Emblem Forum. Dont want to be attack by some japanese marketing team lol

I am a 2D Fan and this is just garbage with a lot of publicity.

Did not try Luigi and Monster Hunter but they are a better choice for sure

What? Fire Emblem looks FAR from bad! Graphics are actually pretty nice and cute with 3D on and graphics is not even the most important thing. And before you scream FANBOY this is my first Fire Emblem and only played the demo couple of times.

What stupid comment!
---
http://i.imgur.com/bKCUN.gif
#84Neo1661Posted 3/30/2013 6:11:09 AM
RPGNinja123 posted...
I don't know what the other guy is talking about but Awakening is amazing and not ugly at all. Maybe his 3DS is busted up or something.

Definitely get FE and Luigi both if you can.

Youtube Fire Emblem: Awakening. There is plenty SRPG better than this one.(on other console sadly)
Worst Fire Emblem deception ever. I dont want to start a war but it feels good to express myself about how I dislikes Fire Emblem Awakening

It's not all about the graphics! Skipping games because it doesn't have amazing graphics is soooo ****ing stupid.
---
#85AgarestWarPosted 3/30/2013 9:08:15 AM
Neo1661 posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
I don't know what the other guy is talking about but Awakening is amazing and not ugly at all. Maybe his 3DS is busted up or something.

Youtube Fire Emblem: Awakening. There is plenty SRPG better than this one.(on other console sadly)
Worst Fire Emblem deception ever. I dont want to start a war but it feels good to express myself about how I dislikes Fire Emblem Awakening

It's not all about the graphics! Skipping games because it doesn't have amazing graphics is soooo ****ing stupid.

Lol They are not able to do great 2D even in 2013. Gameplay is boring and story is inexistent like all FE

I dont expect to get great visual from Old School RPG but this one is really ugly. Dont forget to buy your weekly DLC. (:
---
French Canadian Wii U ID: NinjaGaiden, PSN: ShadowDraygon, GT Mega Man X9 Proudest Completion: Mega Man 10 200/200G
#86KingJaggiPosted 3/30/2013 9:11:27 AM
AgarestWar posted...
Neo1661 posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

Lol They are not able to do great 2D even in 2013. Gameplay is boring and story is inexistent like all FE

I dont expect to get great visual from Old School RPG but this one is really ugly. Dont forget to buy your weekly DLC. (:

I love you baby. ;)
---
Psn:KingJaggi 3DS Fc:1590-5213-0522
I LOVE MONSTER HUNTER!!
#87LinkMaster2703Posted 3/30/2013 9:18:49 AM
AgarestWar posted...

Endgame, is that you?
#88CrmsnFatalis96Posted 3/30/2013 9:21:53 AM
I think it's funny how ever since Tri there have been a ton of "MH fans" who are incapable of playing the game in single player.

I enjoy both modes, and they both have different gameplay experiences to offer. Even though they are different, I they are not different enough to make one so much better than the other.
#89king_darksPosted 3/30/2013 9:29:20 AM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
AgarestWar posted...

Endgame, is that you?

Even endgame ain't that stupid.
---
Why ain't I right if you can't tell me why I'm wrong :?
#90Neo1661Posted 3/30/2013 9:35:28 AM
Neo1661 posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

It's not ugly at all you stupid troll!
---