Think I'm going back to a regular 3DS from an XL.

#11dankmanaPosted 3/29/2013 9:56:20 PM
lordlich posted...
Kenichi34 posted...
dankmana posted...
I think, given the widely positive reports of the XL version, that most people just don't care about the 3D effect and mostly play with it off. It's not a downside to those people, but if you value it, go with the screen that works for you. I don't own either system, and I could tell from the display unit the 3D effect was worse on the XL, despite what everyone says online.

First time I hear someone saying the 3D effects are worse on the XL. They're marginally the same, but I see them better on the XL.

They are not worse on the xl,anybody who knows anything about 3d technology knows that the bigger the screen the better the 3d,not to mention the sweetspot on the 3d is greater on the x.l I also have owned both TC needs to get his eyes or his xl checked out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-23-nintendo-3ds-xl-pixel-size-increase-wont-look-awkward

``A bigger screen size will also increase the depth effect of the system's 3D, allowing for better parallax experience. ``

OK. But many have said that the effect is poor due to bandind, ghosting, etc. I didn't think it was awful on the XL, just that the original seemed more manageable and easier to focus on.
#12viajarvPosted 3/29/2013 11:00:23 PM
I went back to a regular 3ds also. I thought that the xl did not feel solidly constructed, from materials used, to this hollowed feel whenever I closed it.
#13PeteZaHutxPosted 3/29/2013 11:06:02 PM
SefcaBlight posted...
reassurance topic

but this isnt the Vita board , inb4 fanboy i oown both even i know that the Vita board users are just plain crazy
#14iphysPosted 3/29/2013 11:17:15 PM
The 3D isn't perfect on either system if your foreground object and background contrast a lot in brightness. I find it's easier to ignore if you reduce the screen brightness, but sometimes there's just no way to eliminate it. I wish the developers would consider this when they go and put a bright white object in front of a really dark background, because that's usually the most annoying. I really haven't noticed any difference in this regard between using a regular 3DS and an XL though. Maybe there's something wrong with your XL if it seems to be that much worse than a regular 3DS.
#15lordlichPosted 3/29/2013 11:20:51 PM
HE also said with his 3d off he has trouble with his viewing angle,when the 3d is off there should be no problem viewing the screen,something is wrong here...
---
IN THE END,THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!.
#16warlord78Posted 3/29/2013 11:44:00 PM
When I read topics like this it makes me feel like I have some sort of Special Edition XL that doesn't have all these horrible problems, and is some how, perhaps magically fun to play.

It's your money, buy what makes you happiest.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#17SoylentGakPosted 3/30/2013 12:50:47 AM
^Exactly! The only reason people post topics like this is to try stir up some pointless argument/disucssion explanation...nobody needs or wants to hear this instead which game has spent the most time inside ur 3ds or xl ? Ugh.
#18Retroxgamer0Posted 3/30/2013 1:04:24 AM
i slightly prefer the 3DS XL
#19KamilPosted 3/30/2013 9:11:21 AM
warlord3 posted...
When I read topics like this it makes me feel like I have some sort of Special Edition XL that doesn't have all these horrible problems, and is some how, perhaps magically fun to play.

It's your money, buy what makes you happiest.

---
slowbeef: Hold on it's the evil wizard who's spinning and striking a pose. And also giant swords, why the hell not.
Retsupurae on Earnest Evans, a wacky game!
#20RealTidesPosted 3/30/2013 9:30:28 AM
theres actually no diff between the xl and the 3ds for the 3ds effect
but tbh i find the xl kinda like a psp phat.. kinda too bulky to carry around..i aprreciate the increased screen size but not the increased weight :/

and i mostly play in 2d.. tbh theres not really alot of games that really makes you wanna use the 3d