DLC shared for physical and digital?

#1NarutoPosted 3/29/2013 10:59:23 PM
Just a quick question. If I own the physical and digital version of the same game and then buy DLC on one version, will it also be accessible on the other version? Since the DLC should be on the SD, it should be good for both games, right?
#2RPGNinja123Posted 3/29/2013 11:10:39 PM
That is a good question I would assume both could access into it unless the DLC gives it an ID code for the first game that taps into it.
---
Favorite Series = Fire Emblem //// Favorite Game = Dark Souls
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#3keyblader1985Posted 3/29/2013 11:54:02 PM
For that matter, could you share DLC between two different game carts?
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#4AkaneJonesPosted 3/30/2013 2:35:19 AM
Hum... interesting question.
So what would happen if you download Fire Emblem DLC get one of the characters then played on a friends cart and made a save using the DLC character in main game?

I know Nintendo is doing funny stuff with saves, like the transfer tool deletes the save from the cart. But really they shouldn't make it so hard for people, because such things are the reason people hack to make things more fair. Locked saves just mess with people. Sony's interest in cross play and Nintendo locked save are making it more of an issue. Clearly it's why Capcom has their own tool for save transfers on Monster Hunter.

Proper DLC should work with any medium of the game, but for 3DS cart games they save on the cart unlike every other modern system. Clearly it's an issue as you can just give the save away with the cart. This actually might be why they are locking saves down in the first place on digital game, even if it makes backing up your save non existent outside extra SD cards. Quite annoying though that if you delete a game you have to delete it's saves, it really should be in a separate folder you can backup like the photos and music.
#5Thunderbird8Posted 3/30/2013 3:04:10 AM
One would think that any copy of the game put into a system with DLC would be able to use that DLC. Now, different games probably react in different ways if the DLC in question is no longer accessible. I know in Mystery Dungeon, if you Quick Save in a DLC dungeon, delete the DLC dungeon and try to resume, you are asked if you want to give up on your adventure because the dungeon data is no longer available (to which you can say no and wait until you have access to that DLC dungeon again). I haven't played Fire Emblem, so I can't say anything about how that one responds.
#6keyblader1985Posted 3/30/2013 3:59:13 PM
Bump
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#7MetalLokiPosted 3/30/2013 4:04:38 PM
keyblader1985 posted...
For that matter, could you share DLC between two different game carts?

You can't.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The beautiful female investigator Ai is the Space Guardian Academys top agent.