Monster Hunter or Kingdom Hearts?

#1InitialD27Posted 3/30/2013 5:55:07 AM
Hello everyone,
I am going on a long trip and want to get the maximum play time out of some 3DS games. I recently upgraded to the 3DS XL which includes a free game of my choice with the purchase of Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon: Gates.

My list is follows:
Super Mario Land with the purchase of (Luigi's Mansion 2)
Mario kart 7
Fire emblem: Awakening

Now my question, for those who have played both, which is better? Kingdom Hearts:DDD or Monster Hunter 3? Which one will last the longest? Should I swap out one of the games on my list and get both games?

Please advise!
#2FishyGoodness12Posted 3/30/2013 6:08:45 AM
Monster Hunter would last the longest and is far better than that overrated spin-off.
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#3InitialD27(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:15:07 AM
FishyGoodness12 posted...
Monster Hunter would last the longest and is far better than that overrated spin-off.

Cool, thanks for the response. I didn't know KH:DDD was a spin-off, is it not a full fledged KH game?
#4melchiahdimPosted 3/30/2013 6:25:42 AM
InitialD27 posted...
FishyGoodness12 posted...

Cool, thanks for the response. I didn't know KH:DDD was a spin-off, is it not a full fledged KH game?

Don't listen to him, it's not a spin off. Have you played Monster Hunter? Those games can be difficult to get into if you've never played them. I know I hated it the first time I played it.

Kingdom Hearts is very good. It has an enjoyable story and great gameplay. You can get lost in the story if you aren't familiar with the previous games.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim
#5confettistormPosted 3/30/2013 6:31:13 AM
Drop both and go for Etrian Odyssey!
#6InitialD27(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:32:15 AM
melchiahdim posted...
Don't listen to him, it's not a spin off. Have you played Monster Hunter? Those games can be difficult to get into if you've never played them. I know I hated it the first time I played it.

Kingdom Hearts is very good. It has an enjoyable story and great gameplay. You can get lost in the story if you aren't familiar with the previous games.

I have played Monster Hunter 2 on the original PSP, but I was less impressed due to the sluggish controls and load times.

I have also played Kingdom Hearts, never finished the 2nd one, but I see KH as a quality franchise that is guaranteed to keep my entertained with little risk of being disappointed.

But I hear great things about MH3 and I am willing to give it another chance on 3DS.
#7melchiahdimPosted 3/30/2013 6:33:39 AM
InitialD27 posted...
melchiahdim posted...

I have played Monster Hunter 2 on the original PSP, but I was less impressed due to the sluggish controls and load times.

I have also played Kingdom Hearts, never finished the 2nd one, but I see KH as a quality franchise that is guaranteed to keep my entertained with little risk of being disappointed.

But I hear great things about MH3 and I am willing to give it another chance on 3DS.

Keep in mind there are demos for both games on the Eshop.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim
#8InitialD27(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:34:40 AM
confettistorm posted...
Drop both and go for Etrian Odyssey!

Played the very first one on normal DS, enjoyed it at first, then realized how repetitive it was. Wasn't a bad game though, just not sure I want to go through that again.
#9soada7xPosted 3/30/2013 6:35:24 AM
Kingdom hearts. It's a great game
---
Now playing - Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (3DS), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity (3DS)
#10malfionPosted 3/30/2013 6:45:10 AM
Go for Monster Hunter.All the games mentioned in this thread are excellent choices though so pick based on what you want.
---
http://i.imgflip.com/5mil.gif