• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Monster Hunter or Kingdom Hearts?

User Info: InitialD27

InitialD27
4 years ago#1
Hello everyone,
I am going on a long trip and want to get the maximum play time out of some 3DS games. I recently upgraded to the 3DS XL which includes a free game of my choice with the purchase of Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon: Gates.

My list is follows:
Super Mario Land with the purchase of (Luigi's Mansion 2)
Mario kart 7
Fire emblem: Awakening

Now my question, for those who have played both, which is better? Kingdom Hearts:DDD or Monster Hunter 3? Which one will last the longest? Should I swap out one of the games on my list and get both games?

Please advise!

User Info: FishyGoodness12

FishyGoodness12
4 years ago#2
Monster Hunter would last the longest and is far better than that overrated spin-off.
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.

InitialD27
4 years ago#3
FishyGoodness12 posted...
Monster Hunter would last the longest and is far better than that overrated spin-off.

Cool, thanks for the response. I didn't know KH:DDD was a spin-off, is it not a full fledged KH game?

User Info: melchiahdim

melchiahdim
4 years ago#4
InitialD27 posted...
FishyGoodness12 posted...

Cool, thanks for the response. I didn't know KH:DDD was a spin-off, is it not a full fledged KH game?

Don't listen to him, it's not a spin off. Have you played Monster Hunter? Those games can be difficult to get into if you've never played them. I know I hated it the first time I played it.

Kingdom Hearts is very good. It has an enjoyable story and great gameplay. You can get lost in the story if you aren't familiar with the previous games.
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim

User Info: confettistorm

confettistorm
4 years ago#5
Drop both and go for Etrian Odyssey!

InitialD27
4 years ago#6
melchiahdim posted...
Don't listen to him, it's not a spin off. Have you played Monster Hunter? Those games can be difficult to get into if you've never played them. I know I hated it the first time I played it.

Kingdom Hearts is very good. It has an enjoyable story and great gameplay. You can get lost in the story if you aren't familiar with the previous games.

I have played Monster Hunter 2 on the original PSP, but I was less impressed due to the sluggish controls and load times.

I have also played Kingdom Hearts, never finished the 2nd one, but I see KH as a quality franchise that is guaranteed to keep my entertained with little risk of being disappointed.

But I hear great things about MH3 and I am willing to give it another chance on 3DS.

User Info: melchiahdim

melchiahdim
4 years ago#7
InitialD27 posted...
melchiahdim posted...

I have played Monster Hunter 2 on the original PSP, but I was less impressed due to the sluggish controls and load times.

I have also played Kingdom Hearts, never finished the 2nd one, but I see KH as a quality franchise that is guaranteed to keep my entertained with little risk of being disappointed.

But I hear great things about MH3 and I am willing to give it another chance on 3DS.

Keep in mind there are demos for both games on the Eshop.
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim

InitialD27
4 years ago#8
confettistorm posted...
Drop both and go for Etrian Odyssey!

Played the very first one on normal DS, enjoyed it at first, then realized how repetitive it was. Wasn't a bad game though, just not sure I want to go through that again.

User Info: soada7x

soada7x
4 years ago#9
Kingdom hearts. It's a great game
Now playing - Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (3DS), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity (3DS)

User Info: malfion

malfion
4 years ago#10
Go for Monster Hunter.All the games mentioned in this thread are excellent choices though so pick based on what you want.
http://i.imgflip.com/5mil.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Monster Hunter or Kingdom Hearts?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived