Monster Hunter or Kingdom Hearts?

#41keybladesrusPosted 3/30/2013 11:38:25 PM
InitialD27 posted...
Well, the store decided for me.

The store was sold out of Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter, so I picked up Kingdom Hearts. I'll just have to catch Monster Hunter once the demand goes down!

Thanks for all your suggestions guys!

The universe has decided that Kingdom Hearts is the best option! Even without the other games in the series, you should be fine, TC. The game has decent summaries of all of the others.

Also, Coded is not a spin-off. The only spin-offs are a V-cast game and a browser game. I don't think the browser one has been released, and I hope nobody had the misfortune of playing the v-cast one...
---
"Let's just say they're...not okay" - Madara Uchiha
#42king_darksPosted 3/30/2013 11:40:18 PM
InitialD27 posted...
Well, the store decided for me.

The store was sold out of Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter, so I picked up Kingdom Hearts. I'll just have to catch Monster Hunter once the demand goes down!

Thanks for all your suggestions guys!

NO YOU GOT THE WORST OUT OF THE 3! Your luck decrease by 7.
---
Why ain't I right if you can't tell me why I'm wrong :?
#43HandsomeNerd85Posted 3/31/2013 1:09:04 AM
For people claiming monster hunter is unplayable offline, it's important to state that all the online quest are available offline and that they're doable alone.

I vastly prefer MH but KH is a good series. MH will last you longer.
#44FishyGoodness12Posted 3/31/2013 1:48:27 AM
KH 3DS is a spin-off

And just saying, even spin-offs have relevancy to plot. The Lion King 1 1/2 is a spin-off. Relevant to the plot bam. Prinny Can I Really Be the Hero. Spin-off, has relevancy to the plot, bam.

Spin-Off:Something derived from an earlier work, such as a television show starring a character who had a popular minor role in another show.

Chain of Memories: starred Organizaion 13
Re:Coded; Mickey, Goofy, Donald, dat cricket
Days: Roxas
Birth By Sleep: Characters who we haven't even heard of till now

all minor characters who got their starring roles in this spin-off so get out
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#45Twilightwolf444Posted 3/31/2013 1:50:39 AM
Monster Hunter
---
US Aqua Blue Ambassador 3DS FC: 5198-2493-9347
I Am Female, American, and a Hardcore Gamer ;)
#46FishyGoodness12Posted 3/31/2013 7:57:26 AM
Twilightwolf444 posted...
Monster Hunter

this guy knows what's up
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#47Carbuncle009Posted 3/31/2013 8:58:58 AM
FishyGoodness12 posted...
Spin-Off:Something derived from an earlier work, such as a television show starring a character who had a popular minor role in another show.

all minor characters

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/482/454/5bb.gif
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 7 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I watch technicolor ponies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#48RPGNinja123Posted 3/31/2013 9:31:02 AM
Get neither and go for Fire Emblem, EO, Devil Survivor overclocked or literally any other RPG
---
Favorite Series = Fire Emblem //// Favorite Game = Dark Souls
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#49FuzzyJelloPosted 3/31/2013 10:55:09 AM
HandsomeNerd85 posted...
For people claiming monster hunter is unplayable offline, it's important to state that all the online quest are available offline and that they're doable alone.

I vastly prefer MH but KH is a good series. MH will last you longer.

I hadn't thought about that- it'll give it better lasting value than the Wii U version, that way.

FishyGoodness12 posted...
KH 3DS is a spin-off

And just saying, even spin-offs have relevancy to plot. The Lion King 1 1/2 is a spin-off. Relevant to the plot bam. Prinny Can I Really Be the Hero. Spin-off, has relevancy to the plot, bam.

all minor characters who got their starring roles in this spin-off so get out

Then how is 3D a spin-off if it continues the main character's story- albeit in a contained way, or Birth by Sleep for explaining the series villain? You're right in saying the portable realm is a reason to try different things, but the portable games have gone beyond book-ending the numbered games. Nomura's writing aside (What's that? Kingdom Hearts is go for a franchise? Drat, now I have to write around actually ending the story!), BBS and 3D aren't inconsequential, Lion King 1/2 and Prinny are.

But since I'm the fool for talking about it after the TC's bought their game (Good luck with that!) I'll bow out.
#50Bancario51Posted 3/31/2013 10:55:54 AM
oh man did you make a difficult topic...

neither
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~