Paper Mario, Super Mario 3D Land, or New Super Mario Bros. 2?

#31jakestar0306Posted 3/30/2013 1:26:18 PM
NSMB2 > SM3DL >>>>> PM:SS

They're all good, though (well, except Sticker Star).
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#32StephenYap3Posted 3/31/2013 5:40:45 PM
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
This is the number 1 reason I got a 3DS for and although it plays 0% like the first two titles in the series and being completely inferior, I loved it as much as its three predecessors. I'm also never bothered with the fact that this game had no story or new characters because for each game I buy, I only care about playing the game itself and nothing else (though a few exceptions in a few cases). The gameplay of the first two titles were millions better, but I had as much fun with this formula as those two. Lastly, I liked the portable and "pick up" feel of this game and I'd pop it in my 3DS anyday. I'm not sure what score to give this...at least a 9 out of 10.

Super Mario 3D Land
It is a fun game on its own, but as a 3D Mario title, I've expected better. This game feels like New Super Mario Bros in 3D and in a few cases, I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the bosses and my goodness the Galaxy team got super lazy with them. There's only Bowser himself, Boom Boom, and his female counterpart Pom Pom. The battles with the king himself involves you running like Greg Hefley instead of fighting him and the two other bosses don't offer any hint of challenge or fun, even though they are fought in different rooms. Aside from its flaws, I'd give this game an easy 8.5 out of 10.

New Super Mario Bros 2
Another good game, but out of the three, I'd put this on the bottom. I did like the coin mechanic this game has approached to, as well as the included Coin Rush mode, but aside from those, the game feels shallow, compared to the past NSMB titles and NSMBU. There's nothing else to say about this. I'd give it a score between 7.5 and 8.4 out of 10.

Bottomline...

My personal favorite out of the three
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

What I would recommend to people out of the three
Super Mario 3D Land
---
Awaiting for Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#33its_mattPosted 3/31/2013 5:43:07 PM
Indeed it would be Super Mario 3d Land
#34iphysPosted 3/31/2013 6:09:41 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
NSMB2 > SM3DL >>>>> PM:SS

They're all good, though (well, except Sticker Star).

My thoughts exactly. I preferred NSMB2, because I didn't have to worry about 3D depth throwing me off like it did sometimes in 3D Land. Sticker Star, there just wasn't enough fast-paced action to interest me in the least.
#35mabber_IIIPosted 3/31/2013 6:11:27 PM
luigi's mansion
#36Gandalf the IstariPosted 3/31/2013 6:13:57 PM
Mario 3d Land
#37SMASHKING84Posted 3/31/2013 6:18:37 PM
NSMB2>>>>>>3DLAND>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sticker star
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L4jV1AAnAA
#38KurizakaPosted 3/31/2013 6:19:04 PM
Super Mario 3D Land.
#39schlanzPosted 3/31/2013 7:02:27 PM
3D Land by a country mile, its practically a must own for the system. The other 2 are take it or leave it rather pedestrian as far as Nintendo games go.
---
Yeah, well, that's just like, you know, your opinion, man.
Currently playing: Farcry 3, Luigi's Mansion, Plasma Sky
#40VerbalcodyPosted 3/31/2013 7:14:55 PM
^^

Yup yup as i guess one of the minority that likes to play their 3ds games with the 3d turned on super mario 3d land is just incredible

NSMB I love it but its #2

PM:SS I never bothered to play and as someone who had every paper mario and mario rpg in its launch week, that says enough. looked like garbage