Paper Mario, Super Mario 3D Land, or New Super Mario Bros. 2?

#41Hirokey123Posted 3/31/2013 8:19:33 PM
3D land is basically my favorite 3D mario game so it's no contest, it also has the best Bowser battle period.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#42KikuichimonjiPosted 3/31/2013 8:24:28 PM
I think it's debatable whether NSMB2 and Sticker Star were letdowns or not. NSMB2 was already the 3rd installment in the NSMB series. A lot of people were anticipating it to surpass NSMBW and disappointed to see that it didn't meet their expectations. Similar story went behind Sticker Star. After the success of TTYD, many PM fans were heartbroken to hear that SS wasn't a full-on RPG, as well many other elements of what made PM great (combat partners, etc) were removed. Of course there were some who thought NSMB2 played better than NSMBW, and SS better than TTYD. But from what I been noticing, those people were in the minority.

This is not to say letdowns are not decent games. Those were still pretty good games in the 3DS library, although flawed in their ways, or to player's (fan's) perspectives. SM3DL on the other hand, didn't have the similar sort of anticipation, since it is a series of its own. People were expecting 3D Land to be good, of course, and some hoped it to play like Galaxy. If it didn't do well, then perhaps the level of letdown wouldn't be as impacting as on NSMB2 or SS.

My 2 cents on that matter.
---
There's no point telling stupid people that they're stupid. They're too stupid to know that they're stupid. Wasted effort.
#43keyblader1985Posted 3/31/2013 10:16:44 PM
I have all of those - I got 3DL on day one, and the others I got recently.

3D Land - love it
Paper Mario - haven't played it a whole lot yet, but it hasn't really grabbed me so far
NSMB2 - haven't played it at all yet. I got it a day after I sent my system in for repairs
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#44keyblader1985Posted 3/31/2013 10:20:13 PM
Kikuichimonji posted...
This is not to say letdowns are not decent games.

No kidding. A lot of people hate on Super Paper Mario just because it's so different from the previous games, but in reality it's a fantastic game in nearly every regard.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#45Dcl2049Posted 3/31/2013 11:45:31 PM
Don't own NSMB2.

Sticker Star isn't as good as the past PM games, I thought it kinda misses the point of being an "RPG." I don't like that I spend my whole time avoiding battles because of the lack of rewards. To me it's "ok."

I thought 3D Land was excellent and had a lot of fun 100%-ing it. I rearely beat games all the way through these days, much less 100% them.
---
I wear my sunglasses at night
3DS: Dan 0130-1908-9217
#46ImGanondorfLolPosted 4/1/2013 12:52:35 AM(edited)
3D Land, really fun platformer.

NSMB = Extremely similar to NSMB Wii and NSMB U, not even as good as them either.
Paper Mario = Paper Mario with almost everything that was good about the series stripped away
#47uberking422Posted 4/1/2013 1:13:11 AM
Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I don't care what anyone else says, its involving resource based battle system, cool level design, and awesome music make it gold in my book.
#48DarkAdonis123Posted 4/1/2013 5:48:02 AM
NSMB2 sure gets a lot of undeserved flack. When people start saying "Sticker Star>NSMB2", you know they're on some seriously biased BS.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#49MrSpacelySlatePosted 4/1/2013 6:25:31 AM
NSMB2 shouldn't even be here, let alone exist.
#50StarmanJuniorPosted 4/1/2013 9:15:24 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
NSMB2 shouldn't even be here, let alone exist.

---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.