After Pokemon X and Y come out, GameFreak should take a break from Pokemon

#111Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/31/2013 12:27:46 PM
Bancario51 posted...
and NIS should take a break from Disgaea

They make other series, and on that note: Hell no.

Disgaea is awesome.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#112SW_FFXIfanPosted 3/31/2013 12:35:49 PM(edited)
Mewtwo_soul posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

1.move deleter/relearner
2.double battles
3.held items
4.triple battles
5.online play
6.use items like rare candy until they run out
7.register items to select
8.abilites
9.battle tower
10.new types

11.vs seeker/match call(god send for grinding)
12.some pokemon have signigture moves like jirachi
13.new moves/pokemon
14.friendship system
15.day night system
16.season system
17.infinite tms

The main problem I have with this list is that a lot of them are really common sense stuff and should have been implemented long ago and are not real major changes. Second is that it is not much to say if those are the only changes made after 17 years....

1. Pretty obvious, should have been there in game #1.
2. How often did these actually even occur? Not very often at all.
3. This was something that was actually half decent so there's #1.
4. See #2.
5. Again common sense addition.
6. Not sure what you even mean here,
7. Same as #6.
8. This was actually something decent and new so that's #2.
9. Something actually cool and new so #3.
10. This is very iffy. We got Steel, Dark, and Ice. So 3 new types over 4 new generations of games and it does not look like were getting a new type in X/Y so far.
11. This was new so that's #4.
12. New, but still minor considering how many pokemon actually even get a signature move, but I'll let you have that one so that's #5.
13. I won't even count this considering "new pokemon" are added everygame and all they do is take an animal/object add eyes and give it a really bad pun name. There's a pokemon that it literally garbage for christ's sake.
14. 14-17 are all new so that's #8 things.
17. Again common sense, nothing major.

While I understand that there are other things to list it just does not add up enough for it to not feel like the same thing to me. Sure when you play Red/Blue compared to X/Y the two are vastly different, but they change so little that it feels the same in the long run.

None of those are instantly common sense, considering most RPGs don't include any such factor for limits of moves. For instance, move relearners? How many Breeder RPG or monster/sim battlers have move releareners? Oh wait, like none of them. (See Persona/etc. Sure you can buy any skill but that deletes the importance of actually relearning instead of just teaching them any move which would be stupid in Pokemon)

Even then, people who say Pokemon games don't change at all have to be kidding themselves. Just because it's not turning into a FPS, or turning into a racing game doesn't mean it's not changing.

That's kind of why it's the main series, and not a spin off. (Maintain the base roots, change the formulas around the base roots)

Well that's one thing you tackled, and I said common sense because it was something that was asked for since the first game and it would have made no sense not to implement it. Also none of those are common sense? Those working at think-tank pokemon must have been geniuses to think of including online then..
---
LoL IGN: Butch Magnus
#113BoundtotheEarthPosted 3/31/2013 12:57:48 PM
Jeez what's gotten everyone afraid of something new? I'd love to see GF branch out. Drill Dozer was an excellent and surprisingly challenging platformer, and I quite enjoyed the demo of Harmoknight (sp?).
#114daniel1232323Posted 3/31/2013 1:07:00 PM
until pokemon stops making money.....
---
you want mother in america? don't you know? it doesn't exist.
#115INTERWEBUSERPosted 4/2/2013 2:45:11 AM
harmano knight they made that alot of ppl enjoy it so that 100% destroys what you say

*looks it up*

It has a 77% average on Metacritic and is so obscure barely anyone's heard of it. Fans really have to dig deep to defend their favourite series/game developer. Troll harder.
---
#116SkyminxyzPosted 4/2/2013 6:09:37 AM
SW_FFXIfan posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

1.move deleter/relearner
2.double battles
3.held items
4.triple battles
5.online play
6.use items like rare candy until they run out
7.register items to select
8.abilites
9.battle tower
10.new types

11.vs seeker/match call(god send for grinding)
12.some pokemon have signigture moves like jirachi
13.new moves/pokemon
14.friendship system
15.day night system
16.season system
17.infinite tms

The main problem I have with this list is that a lot of them are really common sense stuff and should have been implemented long ago and are not real major changes. Second is that it is not much to say if those are the only changes made after 17 years....

1. Pretty obvious, should have been there in game #1.
2. How often did these actually even occur? Not very often at all.
3. This was something that was actually half decent so there's #1.
4. See #2.
5. Again common sense addition.
6. Not sure what you even mean here,
7. Same as #6.
8. This was actually something decent and new so that's #2.
9. Something actually cool and new so #3.
10. This is very iffy. We got Steel, Dark, and Ice. So 3 new types over 4 new generations of games and it does not look like were getting a new type in X/Y so far.
11. This was new so that's #4.
12. New, but still minor considering how many pokemon actually even get a signature move, but I'll let you have that one so that's #5.
13. I won't even count this considering "new pokemon" are added everygame and all they do is take an animal/object add eyes and give it a really bad pun name. There's a pokemon that it literally garbage for christ's sake.
14. 14-17 are all new so that's #8 things.
17. Again common sense, nothing major.

None of those are instantly common sense, considering most RPGs don't include any such factor for limits of moves. For instance, move relearners? How many Breeder RPG or monster/sim battlers have move releareners? Oh wait, like none of them. (See Persona/etc. Sure you can buy any skill but that deletes the importance of actually relearning instead of just teaching them any move which would be stupid in Pokemon)

Even then, people who say Pokemon games don't change at all have to be kidding themselves. Just because it's not turning into a FPS, or turning into a racing game doesn't mean it's not changing.

That's kind of why it's the main series, and not a spin off. (Maintain the base roots, change the formulas around the base roots)

Well that's one thing you tackled, and I said common sense because it was something that was asked for since the first game and it would have made no sense not to implement it. Also none of those are common sense? Those working at think-tank pokemon must have been geniuses to think of including online then..

First off last I've check Ice was a type in Gen 1...

More importantly it actually was smart for them to add online play in a somewhat balanced RPG personally. I mean when you compare it's online balance compared to other monster games like Digimon Dawn/Dusk and the DQMJ series it's actually pretty good.

Regardless I'm curious as to what you'd called a "massive change" for the series since everything would be considered "common sense". If held items (which shockingly enough most RPG's tend to lack lately) are only "half-decent" then I'm prepared to knock my socks off at what you call a big change. Other than graphically different sir.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#117GigantLuffyPosted 4/2/2013 6:33:11 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
I wish they would make a pokemon game that was actually innovative and different...

Every single pokemon game feels the same. It took them this long to even make it 3D, and it still uses a dumb gridlocked walking system.

EDIT: I think a pokemon game with a new battle system would be spectacular. Imagine actually controlling the pokemon and your 4 abilities have cooldowns that are a few seconds and you actually move and control it yourself in real time. Would make the game much more skill oriented and more challenging.

go to hell your not a fan of the series if you want a completly different genre.
(and if you REALLY wanted it go play ranger)

This....

Is why I hate Pokemon fans.
---
http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=928 - Eat a sack of **** IGN | UnOfficial Getter Robo of anything ever
#118Jack_the_monke7Posted 4/2/2013 6:58:26 AM
GigantLuffy posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
I wish they would make a pokemon game that was actually innovative and different...

Every single pokemon game feels the same. It took them this long to even make it 3D, and it still uses a dumb gridlocked walking system.

EDIT: I think a pokemon game with a new battle system would be spectacular. Imagine actually controlling the pokemon and your 4 abilities have cooldowns that are a few seconds and you actually move and control it yourself in real time. Would make the game much more skill oriented and more challenging.

go to hell your not a fan of the series if you want a completly different genre.

This....

Because they don't want their series turned into a totally different type of game?
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#119ryudin89Posted 4/2/2013 7:00:57 AM
GigantLuffy posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...

This....

Because drastically changing the gameplay that only a vocal minority wants is such a great idea -_-
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#120NookytinsPosted 4/2/2013 7:45:33 AM(edited)
Jack_the_monke7 posted...
GigantLuffy posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...

This....

Because they don't want their series turned into a totally different type of game?

Because no one wants change ever and if they do they're not a ''real'' fan. Pokemon fanboys are in general the worst. Its a game that is catered towards children for crying out loud.

Also people are really grasping at straws here if online mode is considered a big change...we had local play in gen 1 with link cables dumb dumbs.
---
The mods proved me right!