After Pokemon X and Y come out, GameFreak should take a break from Pokemon

#41SW_FFXIfanPosted 3/30/2013 12:11:02 PM
Nookytins posted...
SefcaBlight posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
I wish they would make a pokemon game that was actually innovative and different...

Every single pokemon game feels the same. It took them this long to even make it 3D, and it still uses a dumb gridlocked walking system.

EDIT: I think a pokemon game with a new battle system would be spectacular. Imagine actually controlling the pokemon and your 4 abilities have cooldowns that are a few seconds and you actually move and control it yourself in real time. Would make the game much more skill oriented and more challenging.

oh you came into this topic to cry too

Are the fanboy googles fused to your face or something?

He's delusional don't worry. :)
---
LoL IGN: Butch Magnus
#42Koi_TenchiPosted 3/30/2013 12:12:59 PM
SW_FFXIfan posted...
I wish they would make a pokemon game that was actually innovative and different...

Every single pokemon game feels the same. It took them this long to even make it 3D, and it still uses a dumb gridlocked walking system.

EDIT: I think a pokemon game with a new battle system would be spectacular. Imagine actually controlling the pokemon and your 4 abilities have cooldowns that are a few seconds and you actually move and control it yourself in real time. Would make the game much more skill oriented and more challenging.

That already exists.

It's called Pokemon Rumble/Scramble, depending on the region, and it didn't sell anywhere near what the main series turn based games do.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#43SW_FFXIfanPosted 3/30/2013 12:20:34 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...

That already exists.

It's called Pokemon Rumble/Scramble, depending on the region, and it didn't sell anywhere near what the main series turn based games do.

Eh not really what I had in mind. Definitely wasted potential.
---
#44CaptainKatsuraPosted 3/30/2013 12:24:13 PM
SW_FFXIfan posted...

So...a Pokemon MOBA?
---
Herp-a derp
#45SW_FFXIfanPosted 3/30/2013 12:29:32 PM(edited)
CaptainKatsura posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...

So...a Pokemon MOBA?

Not quite. I was thinking the same standard structure for the game. Just the battle system changes. You move into a 3rd person camera place behind the shoulder of your pokemon and you move around in a medium sized area. No auto-attacks, just abilities that all have different ranges and cooldowns. Different pokemon move faster, others slower, some are ranged, others melee.

So kinda of like a moba....but at the same time no..keep the games the same, just change the battle system to moba-like. I'd picture it closer to KI maybe? I can't think of anything to compare it to.

I have not been buying any of the previous pokemon games because theyre just making the same game over and over again.
---
#46GoldenSun3DSPosted 3/30/2013 12:32:51 PM
SW_FFXIfan posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
It took them this long to even make it 3D, and it still uses a dumb gridlocked walking system.

They've been doing 3D Pokemon games since Diamond and Pearl.

Not actual 3D games no they haven't. There's a difference.

Yes, they have. No matter what the camera angle is, it's still 3D models. Unless you were referring to stereoscopic 3D, which in that case it wasn't possible until 3DS came out.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#47SW_FFXIfanPosted 3/30/2013 12:35:59 PM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...
It took them this long to even make it 3D, and it still uses a dumb gridlocked walking system.

They've been doing 3D Pokemon games since Diamond and Pearl.

Not actual 3D games no they haven't. There's a difference.

Yes, they have. No matter what the camera angle is, it's still 3D models. Unless you were referring to stereoscopic 3D, which in that case it wasn't possible until 3DS came out.

If you want to get technical then sure. But you're having a laugh if you think they're the exact same.
---
#48GoldenSun3DSPosted 3/30/2013 12:42:58 PM
SW_FFXIfan posted...
If you want to get technical then sure. But you're having a laugh if you think they're the exact same.

I'm ALWAYS thinking technical. You said 3D while meaning third person, so I pointed out that you were wrong about no 3D Pokemon games. When I say 3D, I mean 3D. When I say 3rd person, I mean 3rd person.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
#49SW_FFXIfanPosted 3/30/2013 12:48:18 PM(edited)
GoldenSun3DS posted...
SW_FFXIfan posted...

I'm ALWAYS thinking technical. You said 3D while meaning third person, so I pointed out that you were wrong about no 3D Pokemon games. When I say 3D, I mean 3D. When I say 3rd person, I mean 3rd person.

Nope, I still meant 3D. All of the games have a fixed 3rd person camera. Even the new one.

I do not know how to describe it, but diamond is not the same when you compare it to something like pokemon X, or luigi's mansion 2, or WoW or whatever game you want to use. If you just use shading to make it look like something has depth then that is not 3D in my opinion versus being able to actually move around something and see that it has sides.
---
#50GoldenSun3DSPosted 3/30/2013 12:54:20 PM(edited)
SW_FFXIfan posted...
being able to actually move around something and see that it has sides.

...That is exactly what D/P/Pl onwards is...

I think what you're trying to mean is non-top-down camera angles, like how OoT, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy, etc are.
---