After Pokemon X and Y come out, GameFreak should take a break from Pokemon

#61TAoRPosted 3/30/2013 1:24:26 PM
I would love for Gamefreak to take a little break from pkmn. Their non-pkmn games have always been great so more of this would be wonderful
#62coconutarmy1Posted 3/30/2013 1:33:40 PM
They have made some solid other series and some awful ones. It's a gamble, but it would be cool if they went all out on a totally new series.
---
Official Eeyore of the Winnie the Pooh Homerun Derby Board (Totally Serious)
#63ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:36:09 PM
Sheesh guys all I want is for Game Freak to be able to exercise their creativity a little.

A 2-3 year break in between Pokemon games won't kill you. I know X and Y will be enough for me personally.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#64SingertonPosted 3/30/2013 1:41:36 PM
It would be great.

Having all the minds behind games like Drill Dozer, Harmoknight, Pulseman, and Earthbound all working on a new IP would be amazing, instead of just having selected individuals or small teams of the entire division.
#65PsychoWolfXPosted 3/30/2013 1:50:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHv9acm3fF0
#66SSx4LeonjrPosted 3/30/2013 1:54:31 PM
Absolutely not!
They need to start work on a Handheld-style Poke'mon for the Wii-U. One that's just like the handhelds, is done in a 3-D world (sorta like Zelda: Ocarina of Time was on N-64), Lets you link up with your Wii-U friends over the internet to Trade, Battle or play Co-op in the Poke'mon world at the same time (semi-psudo MMO, just players you invite into your game) & where you can custom design your own trainer avatar to use in-game (like how you could make a trainer in Poke'mon Battle Revolution).

I'm sick of every console version of Poke'mon being Stadium, Colosseum, Snap or Poke'park! The whole 'social' aspect for trading excuse is lame & old! people today do social stuff ONLINE now; & Gamefreak needs to realize this!
A Poke'mon game on Wii-U with an online function would really widen the horizon of what they could do with Poke'mon & could reach far more people & fans!; I for one would instantly want a Poke'mon on the Wii-U if it was just like the handhelds & in a 3-D world, especially if it had an online co-op function as well.

Anyway rant over & I hope there are others that like my ideas & that agree that this needs to be done.
---
X-box GT: SSx4 Leonjr PSN name:D_and_K_Dobbs
Waiting for Final Fantasy:XIV A Realm Reborn (PS3)
#67retrogamer28Posted 3/30/2013 1:54:36 PM
Singerton posted...
It would be great.

Having all the minds behind games like Drill Dozer, Harmoknight, Pulseman, and Earthbound all working on a new IP would be amazing, instead of just having selected individuals or small teams of the entire division.

GF didn't make earth bound, HAL and Ape (now Creatures) did.

I wouldn't mind GF making more non pokemon games, but thats because they have like 3 teams I think, the A team (makes the first games of each generation), the B team (makes remakes and new IPs), and the C team (makes the 3rd version games, but they may or may not help the other two when they don't have a project)*. So have A and C working on Pokemon games all the team, while B makes remakes every other pkmn gen and a new IP on the gen they don't.

*The number of teams and which projects they manage is part speculation and part educated guess, so I would love if some one could let us know whether it's true or not.
#68jakestar0306Posted 3/30/2013 2:20:12 PM
Wetterdew posted...
It might be cool if they made a new, fully fleshed IP game instead of making a third version.

Because HarmoKnight totally didn't come out two days ago.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#69Ansem_the_evilPosted 3/30/2013 2:42:40 PM
No pokemon is one of the game series I always go bck to each gen when Im gdone with all current games in my logg
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950
#70HyperGregarPosted 3/30/2013 2:54:28 PM
kylemcauliffe15 posted...
Yes. I want to see them make more original titles.

This. I want to see something new for change.
---
Co-Leader and Orbitar King of KI:U Clan KIL. Afro Dude 3DS FC-1934-1580-9192 We get the all-mighty boom stick-RoahmMythril