What do you think of black sheep when it comes to 3DS games?

#1Chenmaster2Posted 3/30/2013 12:26:23 PM
Like Paper Mario Stick Star and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity?

If there's more then say so!
---
Swag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKDsdzODv0
#2hyper kobun dashPosted 3/30/2013 12:48:25 PM
Tekken 3D Prime
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II

Tekken had no new features(unless you're counting that horrible movie), no content, and online it lags like a *****. The way they handled online play just sucks as a whole. You can only go against other players with whoever you select as your main. FAIL.

BlazBlue has great single player content, but it's just a lazy low-res port with no online play and inferior graphics to it's console versions. Add the fact that Continuum Shift Extend was released not long after it and you realize that Continuum Shift II is obsolete(unless you only have a 3DS).

These games aren't necessarily bad, but compared to the other entries in the series they can be seen as black sheep.

Tekken Advance is probably the worst Tekken game though =/
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#3BurgerTime79Posted 3/30/2013 12:54:34 PM
Gates to Infinity is a black sheep?

I think people focus way too much on what other people in the gaming community collectively make up, and don't find their own opinions for themselves.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#4Dinoman96Posted 3/30/2013 1:00:52 PM
Hm...perhaps Kid Icarus Uprising. I've noticed it's the one first party title that seems to stur up some controversy (And I don't think a lot of it comes from just the controls).
---
wargle gargle
#5PsychoWolfXPosted 3/30/2013 1:08:08 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
Gates to Infinity is a black sheep?

I think people focus way too much on what other people in the gaming community collectively make up, and don't find their own opinions for themselves.

AMEN to this. I couldn't agree more. A good friend of mine, who I game with pretty much every single day, is a perfect example. He's constantly watching these big name youtube gamers and pretty much loves what they love and hates what they hate. For example, when Boarderlands first came out, I said it looked like it might be good and he starts going on about how stupid it is. Then a few months ago, someone he subscribes to on youtube put up a lets play of boaderlands 2 and within a week my buddy has got himself a copy.
...hmm, I didn't really mean to run on like that,

Anyway...3DS Black Sheep... maybe KI Upriseing. I know it's really popular, but a LOT of people seem pretty put off by it's controlls. Also...
Mario Kart 7
Kingdom Hearts
#6AnclationPosted 3/30/2013 1:15:32 PM
Dinoman96 posted...
Hm...perhaps Kid Icarus Uprising. I've noticed it's the one first party title that seems to stur up some controversy (And I don't think a lot of it comes from just the controls).

That's just a loud minority speaking, it's easily one of the most popular 3DS games on the board going by polls and other kinds of "favorite 3DS game" topics. And that favorable view is definitely not limited to this board either, wherever you look, you'll find the the user scores for it are very high.

Paper Mario Stick Star and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity are definitely black sheeps on this board, though I personally enjoyed Sticker Star a great deal.
#7REMercsChampPosted 3/30/2013 1:32:25 PM
hyper kobun dash posted...
Tekken 3D Prime
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II

Tekken had no new features(unless you're counting that horrible movie), no content, and online it lags like a *****. The way they handled online play just sucks as a whole. You can only go against other players with whoever you select as your main. FAIL.

BlazBlue has great single player content, but it's just a lazy low-res port with no online play and inferior graphics to it's console versions. Add the fact that Continuum Shift Extend was released not long after it and you realize that Continuum Shift II is obsolete(unless you only have a 3DS).

These games aren't necessarily bad, but compared to the other entries in the series they can be seen as black sheep.

Tekken Advance is probably the worst Tekken game though =/

I bought blazblue for like $12 last summer and I hated it.
---
Official Drug Lord of the Random Insanity cartel family