PSA: The Ace Attorney games have been reprinted

#11Dragongod165(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 7:32:04 PM
I'd love to see AAI2 on eShop as well but I don't know if Capcom would even want to go that route. Shame too, I enjoyed the first game.
---
"So it's a game of betrayal, then...?"
#12aak57Posted 3/30/2013 7:42:17 PM
I know little about this series, but I recall reading that there's some overarching story/connection between the games or something? I take it that means I should play them in order?
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#13Dragongod165(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 7:48:03 PM
aak57 posted...
I know little about this series, but I recall reading that there's some overarching story/connection between the games or something? I take it that means I should play them in order?

I would argue that they're best enjoyed in order, yes. Sadly it seems that the second game, Justice For All, has not received the same reprint as the others, because it currently has a price tag of $29.99 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000JLL3UQ/

I suppose it's not absolutely necessary to play them all in order, but there are certain things that make more sense having played the previous games.
---
#14aak57Posted 3/30/2013 7:55:25 PM
Oh, $30 isn't bad at all. I was expecting something like $50 or more.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#15Dragongod165(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 8:28:24 PM
aak57 posted...
Oh, $30 isn't bad at all. I was expecting something like $50 or more.

I think JFA is usually in the 30-40 range for a copy, so the Amazon price isn't too bad I suppose. Still, would be nice if it were at the same $20 the others have. The series is great however and totally worth the price if you enjoy these kinds of games.
---
#16Bikes-Posted 3/30/2013 8:45:47 PM
JFA was the only expensive one I'm missing =\
Oh well at least it's a bit cheaper I guess.
#17crimsonclaw111Posted 3/30/2013 9:36:11 PM
Curryfiend posted...
They're also bringing the games to iOS and Android next month if there aren't any more delays. Maybe Capcom is gauging interest for a new Ace Attorney title?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29817689/ace-attorney-123hd-for-ios?post_num=7#529971751

God I hope this is true. Nexus 7 + 123HD = amazing.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#18Bahamut_10thPosted 3/30/2013 9:41:59 PM
toad133 posted...
KaitaNuva posted...
pariah164 posted...
Nice. I already have them, but this brings me hope that GS/AA5 WILL come to the US.

What about Ace Attorney Investigations 2: Miles Edgeworth...?

Piracy killed any chance of that happening, so best hope it gets added onto say eShop...not that DS games ever will in the near future.

What a load of BS. BS BS BS.

The game didn't even get a proper translation patch and it's been out in 2011.
There aren't that many people who can read it in japanese.

And if the fact people would resort to piracy AFTER it was localized had anything to do with this, why would there be a reprint for the old games? There's clearly some demand for BUYERS of the series.
#19PuddingchanPosted 3/30/2013 10:19:15 PM
chestershadow posted...
toad133 posted...
KaitaNuva posted...
pariah164 posted...
Nice. I already have them, but this brings me hope that GS/AA5 WILL come to the US.

Piracy killed any chance of that happening, so best hope it gets added onto say eShop...not that DS games ever will in the near future.

Piracy killed the chances of localization only AFTER capcom said there are no plans to localize the game.

Actually, if they do it on the eShop as an exclusive download-only 3DS virtual title, people would buy.

Things have changed.
#20toad133Posted 3/31/2013 7:32:39 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
toad133 posted...
KaitaNuva posted...
pariah164 posted...

What a load of BS. BS BS BS.

The game didn't even get a proper translation patch and it's been out in 2011.
There aren't that many people who can read it in japanese.

And if the fact people would resort to piracy AFTER it was localized had anything to do with this, why would there be a reprint for the old games? There's clearly some demand for BUYERS of the series.

You misunderstand. The problem is the first Ace Attorney Investigations game got pirated a lot more than actual copies sold. Combine that with the DS being dead by the time AAI2 was released, and Capcom would have lost a lot more money than they would have gained back.

Also, it's much cheaper, and easier, to handle reprints of a series than it is to localise and translate a game that hasn't come to our shores. I'm not sure why you think they can be compared.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.