PSA: The Ace Attorney games have been reprinted

#2121_21Posted 3/31/2013 8:38:44 AM(edited)
toad133 posted...

You misunderstand. The problem is the first Ace Attorney Investigations game got pirated a lot more than actual copies sold. Combine that with the DS being dead by the time AAI2 was released, and Capcom would have lost a lot more money than they would have gained back.

Also, it's much cheaper, and easier, to handle reprints of a series than it is to localise and translate a game that hasn't come to our shores. I'm not sure why you think they can be compared.

Bulls****. Just because the game got pirated more than it sold doesn't necessarily mean piracy is to blame. It simply meant that the game was so poorly advertised that majority of the gamers who played it were pirates. Do you honestly think that if all those piracy turned into sales, that anything would change?

Your other points make sense, though, just not piracy.
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#22guedesbrawlPosted 3/31/2013 10:01:30 AM
chestershadow posted...
toad133 posted...
KaitaNuva posted...
pariah164 posted...
Nice. I already have them, but this brings me hope that GS/AA5 WILL come to the US.

What about Ace Attorney Investigations 2: Miles Edgeworth...?

Piracy killed any chance of that happening, so best hope it gets added onto say eShop...not that DS games ever will in the near future.

Piracy killed the chances of localization only AFTER capcom said there are no plans to localize the game.

actually, piracy is our ONLY chance of localization.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#23TalicusPosted 3/31/2013 11:04:21 AM
And of course the only one I don't have is Justice for All :(
Well I have the Japanese version with English text but I would have liked to have the entire series as the US version :(
---
Please excuse me for my poor English.
Thank you.
#24Bancario51Posted 3/31/2013 11:22:33 AM(edited)
and why would I buy a DS game? Ye booty is best played yarrrrrrrrg scurvy matey
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#25Dragongod165(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 11:55:51 AM
Piracy really hurt the last handheld gen... the PSP especially, but the DS had its fair share of it too. Sad truth.
---
"So it's a game of betrayal, then...?"
#26ecco6t9Posted 3/31/2013 12:40:45 PM
One thing that Capcom could do is 3D editions of DS games.

Same idea as HD collections on consoles.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#2721_21Posted 3/31/2013 12:46:18 PM
Dragongod165 posted...
Piracy really hurt the last handheld gen... the PSP especially, but the DS had its fair share of it too. Sad truth.

Piracy did not hurt the last handheld gen. You're over exaggerating...
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#28pbandjamesPosted 3/31/2013 12:58:27 PM
21_21 posted...
Dragongod165 posted...

Piracy did not hurt the last handheld gen. You're over exaggerating...

Youee living in fantasy world if you don't think the PSP was heavily affected by piracy.

The DS was less affected because of its massive children's market, making those who did pirate more negligible.
---
Game news is the best news.
#29EM_MegaPosted 3/31/2013 1:02:39 PM
Those of you who think piracy was a minor issue last gen for the DS and PSP clearly haven't been around some of the more unsavory forums about ROMS and such. It most definitely WAS a big issue.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#30Dragongod165(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 2:03:21 PM
Anyway regardless, this topic is meant for informing folks of the AA reprints, not a piracy debate :p
---
"So it's a game of betrayal, then...?"