Donkey Kong Country trilogy should have been remade for 3DS instead of DKCR.

#1RobobroPosted 3/30/2013 4:33:03 PM
I have been playing through the Donkey Kong Country trilogy lately and I am realizing how much better they are than Returns. Too many reasons to list, but among those reasons, DKC trilogy has much more variety, better gameplay, better controls, characters are more zoomed in on screen, etc.

The Donkey Kong Country trilogy would have benefitted so much more with newer sprites and depixelized everything, just smoother, etc.

A quick cash in on a game that released like 2.5 years ago. I have not even finished DKCR, keep losing interest.

Having a blast playing the first two Donkey Kong games though. Would be nice to have updated versions.

I guess there is no chance because of Rare? Well what about Goldeneye Reloaded? That released on Wii, so why can't Nintendo snag the rights to the original DKC games?
#2ImGanondorfLolPosted 3/30/2013 4:49:16 PM(edited)
All I want is a new Donkey Kong Country game for the Wii U, I don't care about any ports or remakes.

What's really upsetting is that they removed DKC 1,2 and 3 from the virtual console, I hope they bring those back for the Wii U.
#3PsychoWolfXPosted 3/30/2013 4:48:57 PM
I never really played the third one, but Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 were indeed AWESOME games. I'd happily rebuy them for the 3DS, even if they didn't update a thing.
#4AceMosPosted 3/30/2013 4:50:17 PM
the problem is microsoft owns rare

and even thoe nintedo owns all teh characters the ip and the music ect

rare still has a smallc lame to the source code

now most devs would not give a **** to such a minor thing problem is microsfot has an army of demon lawyers

now wiether or not nitnedos ninja lawyers can beat htem does not matter it would cost alot and the returns woudl be less
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#5Robobro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 4:59:26 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
All I want is a new Donkey Kong Country game for the Wii U, I don't care about any ports or remakes.

Well yeah, but I prefer the old style over the new style. I didn't like DKCR much and not sure if I will ever finish it, so don't think I would like a sequel. I usually do really like Retro's games tho.

ImGanondorfLol posted...
What's really upsetting is that they removed DKC 1,2 and 3 from the virtual console, I hope they bring those back for the Wii U.

Yeah. Still glad I have them tho, but that is messed up they are no longer available.

PsychoWolfX posted...
I never really played the third one, but Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 were indeed AWESOME games. I'd happily rebuy them for the 3DS, even if they didn't update a thing.

Would be spectacular to see them with improved and smoother graphics and in 3D!

Unsure if I have ever finished the third Donkey Kong game, but I'm going to soon.
#6ShadyBrad1984Posted 3/30/2013 5:04:26 PM
Hated Wii waggle, so never bought DKCR. So a 3DS port will get players such as I, who want a button based DK.

Why want the original trilogy ported? Wouldn't you prefer a brand spanking new one on either 3DS/WiiU?

I know I would.
---
3DSXL FC 2020-0186-5321
Playing: MH3U, Luigi's Mansion 2, Code of Princess, HarmoKnight and SMT: Strange Journey
#7Robobro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:07:33 PM
ShadyBrad1984 posted...
Hated Wii waggle, so never bought DKCR. So a 3DS port will get players such as I, who want a button based DK.

Why want the original trilogy ported? Wouldn't you prefer a brand spanking new one on either 3DS/WiiU?

I know I would.

If a new one were styled like the original trilogy, then yes, I would want a new one.

Didn't like DKCR enough to even finish it, so why would I want a Returns 2? Maybe part of it has to do with awful waggle motion controls.

Would be fantastic to play the first 3 without all the pixelation/jaggies, and to be able to play them in 3D.
#8Starwars4JPosted 3/30/2013 5:12:11 PM
Robobro posted...
Maybe part of it has to do with awful waggle motion controls.

Cry more, the "waggle motion controls" were such a small part of the experience it's hardly worth mentioning. If it had been used for jumping you might have a point.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#9Robobro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:16:59 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Robobro posted...

Cry more, the "waggle motion controls" were such a small part of the experience it's hardly worth mentioning. If it had been used for jumping you might have a point.

What's wrong? I say I don't like a game you like?

And no, rolling is a big part of the game.
#10FKRW4LifePosted 3/30/2013 5:23:21 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Robobro posted...

LMAO! Yeah, small part meaning the entire damn game requires motion control to play it!!!

It RUINED the game for me and I cant wait to get the 3ds one so I can actually enjoy it.
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"