Donkey Kong Country trilogy should have been remade for 3DS instead of DKCR.

#11S_BrickPosted 3/30/2013 5:26:13 PM
Personally I really liked the way waggle worked in DKCR. I didn't realize so many people didn't care for it. In fact I prefer the wii remote for NSMBU. Be nice to get the trilogy on VC leading up to the release of DKCR3D...
#12DavCubePosted 3/30/2013 6:00:19 PM
Such a release would be a more than valid reason for the unannounced removal of the trilogy from the Virtual Console.

That said, Rare has absolutely nothing to do with Donkey Kong now. Period. They have no say on anything regarding any DK game they developed. That was part of the deal when they were bought out. Even if they did, why would Rare all of a sudden make any sort of claim out of the blue so many years after the fact? They can't legally release them on the 360, (As if Microsoft would want them to anyway) and IF Nintendo were the guilty party on this, why didn't Rare make any statement to defend themselves about it? Exactly.

Goldeneye Reloaded also is irrelevent because it was not developed by Rare, so I'm not sure why you brought that up.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#1321_21Posted 3/30/2013 9:01:20 PM
I would melt in happiness if they released the trilogy for 3DS or even for WiiU.
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#14KCJ5062Posted 3/30/2013 11:45:40 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...

What's really upsetting is that they removed DKC 1,2 and 3 from the virtual console, I hope they bring those back for the Wii U.

What pissed me off is not that they were removed, but that NoA removed them without warning. It's understandable if they were removed for legal reasons, but a heads up would have been nice. Those games were on my list of VC titles to download and if I had known they were gonna be removed, I would have downloaded them ASAP.
#15SkyminxyzPosted 4/3/2013 7:56:37 AM
KCJ5062 posted...
ImGanondorfLol posted...

What's really upsetting is that they removed DKC 1,2 and 3 from the virtual console, I hope they bring those back for the Wii U.

What pissed me off is not that they were removed, but that NoA removed them without warning. It's understandable if they were removed for legal reasons, but a heads up would have been nice. Those games were on my list of VC titles to download and if I had known they were gonna be removed, I would have downloaded them ASAP.

Meh I could care less if they removed them seeing how I own the original 3 on the GBA, which I can play on my DS so no biggie.

To be honest considering they were on the GBC (to an extent) and on the GBA, the only way I wouldn't complain is if they decided to put all 3 in one cartage for once. Because I doubt they'd improve the graphics so much compared to the gba ports that I'd want to buy all 3 separate again.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#16UltraOshawottPosted 4/3/2013 9:20:38 AM
I never played the Wii version, so I should grab the 3DS one for a new game for me.
---
Games on my Preorder List: N/A
#17Robobro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 2:42:47 PM
Skyminxyz posted...
Meh I could care less if they removed them seeing how I own the original 3 on the GBA, which I can play on my DS so no biggie.

To be honest considering they were on the GBC (to an extent) and on the GBA, the only way I wouldn't complain is if they decided to put all 3 in one cartage for once. Because I doubt they'd improve the graphics so much compared to the gba ports that I'd want to buy all 3 separate again.

Uhhhhhhhhh...................those GameBoy ports are very inferior watered down ports.
I personally would love the original trilogy in pristine quality.
#18KurizakaPosted 4/3/2013 2:44:14 PM
I'd rather have a new game instead of a remake.
#19Robobro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 2:46:09 PM
Kurizaka posted...

Yes, but that is not what this topic is about. This topic is about why they didn't at least make the trilogy available as a remastered 3DS game instead of the inferior Returns.
#20KurizakaPosted 4/3/2013 2:48:37 PM
Robobro posted...
Kurizaka posted...

Yes, but that is not what this topic is about. This topic is about why they didn't at least make the trilogy available as a remastered 3DS game instead of the inferior Returns.

That, I couldn't tell you. Between the two, I do agree that the trilogy remake would have been a better choice.