Bought an XL, need to know what to do before selling old 3DS on eBay

#1DiscostewSMPosted 3/30/2013 5:28:19 PM
Other than the obvious transferring of my data to the new one, is there anything else I need to know before I sell my 3DS on eBay? I have the strangest feeling that a bill for repairs will be sent to me from Nintendo due to the new owner damaging it beyond what the warranty covers, all because the 3DS was registered under my account. This is also the first time ever using eBay to sell anything, so any help, both regarding my old 3DS and regarding how the process of selling on eBay goes, would be appreciated. My old 3DS is in great condition for a launch unit, as well as the box and everything it came with. Nothing missing.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#2crazyray47Posted 3/30/2013 6:19:40 PM
When it doubt I call the Nintendo hotline
#3DH2007Posted 3/30/2013 7:05:07 PM
Wouldn't doing the system transfer make it so that you're new 3DS exactly the same as the old one and reset the old one back to factory settings?
---
PSN: Progamer_3
3DS FC: 4468-1000-5936 Nintendo ID: DH2007
#4DiscostewSM(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 7:13:07 PM
DH2007 posted...
Wouldn't doing the system transfer make it so that you're new 3DS exactly the same as the old one and reset the old one back to factory settings?

It's mainly about the old 3DS being registered under my account, which as far as I'm aware, doesn't get wiped from Nintendo's database. While the new owner would not have access to my account, wouldn't the process of it being registered link it to any warranty actions still? Or would that be completely separate, and therefore, free me of anything that might happen when it is out of my hands?

Like I said, I don't want a bill coming to me because I used to own it. Maybe I'm just being too paranoid, as I never dealt with getting rid of a device like this.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project