How did Nintendo justify the stupid decision of Region Locking the 3ds?

#51Shadow-AngelPosted 3/31/2013 7:22:49 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
If Japan decides to make another Jump Ultimate Stars for the 3DS, FUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

They are making the next "Jump Ultimate Stars" for PS3 and Vita
---
The power you seek lies within you.
#52SilbePosted 3/31/2013 7:37:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#53serenade_betaPosted 3/31/2013 7:46:31 PM
anon_fire posted...
ShadowMario3 posted...
Nolax posted...
Hopefully the pirates crack the piece of junk so i can import games.

Hopefully the 3DS won't be hacked for a few years.

and if the 3DS does get hackes, well there goes Pokemon X and Y legit players. I am not battling against cheaters.

I'm curious on the transferring of Pokemon from the DS games to the 3DS ones though. Because if you can transfer, then the Gen 1-4 Pokemon could still be hacked. Of course, the X and Y ones are not, so at least that's good news.
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#54VerbalcodyPosted 3/31/2013 8:42:59 PM
I live in china and there are two video game stores in my town, they both have DS's that come with R4 carts with every game ever made built right in

its crazy

shop ONLY carries burned xbox games, US $1 per game, whatever game you want, on release day

what a country
#55CircleOfManiasPosted 3/31/2013 8:45:02 PM
yukito posted...
No idea if the region lock has anything to do with piracy, I'd think that would be a separate issue.

It drastically increases piracy, I guess you could consider that a connection.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#56PokeMasterPosted 3/31/2013 9:19:11 PM
Vyers posted...
Bancario51 posted...
get a system for each region. problem solved.

So how do you solve the problem of spending nearly $1000 to get the games you want?

Ask PC gamers that.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#57HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:28:00 AM
AceMos posted...
Nolax posted...
Hopefully the pirates crack the piece of junk so i can import games.

the DS getign hacked is WHY nintedo wetn for region locking

it helps fight the pirates

digital piracy IS EVIL

it is a problem and it should be a major crime with large jail time

PSP was hacked more than the DS.
yet Sony still made their next handheld the Vita region free.

But Nintendo decided to region lock their next handheld?

sorry buts thats just BS
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#58godslayer61Posted 4/1/2013 1:34:05 AM
bh7812 posted...
You people need to stop this. Region locking is there for a reason and I understand why. Yeah, it would be nice if it wasn't there but it's not this huge life and death situation people make it out to be. It's there, you're just going to have to deal with it. I don't think these hackers have the right to keep pushing to break the lock. They're not the ones developing and distributing the products and also losing money cause some brats wanna play around. It's going to be the DS and to lesser extent the PSP allll over again the day it's hacked. God help those little punks if they pull it off.

You have no clue do you mr.nine year old.You must be 9 with a comment like that.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#59_Izanagi_Posted 4/1/2013 1:55:04 AM(edited)
You know, it's funny. Nintendo made the 3DS region locked in response to pirates and hackers, which is just going to make people want to hack it. Nintendo is so stupid. Hurry up, hackers and remove the region lock of this tin can.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#60n00bsaib0tPosted 4/1/2013 3:25:00 AM
Bikes- posted...
Kenichi34 posted...
EVERYONE region locks. EVERYONE. Why is Nintendo the only one to get this kind of flack? It baffles me how Nintendo's always on the cross-hairs every time region lock comes up.

Vyers posted...
Fact: Until Nintendo does a reasonably good job of ensuring that high quality content is available in all major regions, they are not entitled to region lock.

Heheh, good one.

Apparently I haven't been playing my imports on my Psp/Vita guess I must just be crazy.
Ps3 as far as I know is also region free, and Xbox seems to be mixed from a quick google search. I would say Xbox matters the least anyway since it's got the least JP exclusives AFAIK.
So yeah, nintendo is probably screwing the most people over.

People like you are the worst. Xbox doesn't matter because its Japan getting screwed instead of getting exclusives? You're the reason other countries hate America.

And PS3 is region locked. You can't play imported PS1 or PS2 games so stop people need to stop acting like Sony is innocent.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile