So other than Disgaea and Pokemon, what are considered the longest games/

#1BrutaI_DeluxePosted 3/31/2013 12:07:28 PM
I reckon Monster Hunter is up there, right?
---
I... vegy let's start over: Arianna = real person. Sam bucket = non-existent.
Sam Pucket = character by Jennette. Jennette -> Arianna with no t***
#2bskiffingtonPosted 3/31/2013 12:19:24 PM(edited)
Yeah. Alot of games on the system can see you waste alot of hours in though. Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil Revelations, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS if you haven't played it before, Tales of the Abyss, Fire Emblem Awakening, Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion, etc
#3kjhoveyPosted 3/31/2013 12:24:39 PM
What defines the length of a game here? Pokemon is a pretty short game if you're just talking about the core game.
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#4BrutaI_Deluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 12:28:48 PM
I meant sidequest wise, really and a proper endgame
I mean I'd consider Disgaea a lengthy game. I'd say Pokemon has the battle frontier or whatever it is.

I wouldn't consider Zelda to be one, though. Since it's one playthrough and that's it.
---
#5RPGNinja123Posted 3/31/2013 12:29:39 PM
Monster Hunter can be pretty short if you are playing offline. And if you are counting monster hunter that is just replaying the same thing over and over so really Fire Emblem has to be included since its made for multiple playthroughs.
---
Favorite Series = Fire Emblem //// Favorite Game = Dark Souls
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#6BrutaI_Deluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 12:34:30 PM
Monster Hunter can be pretty short if you are playing offline. And if you are counting monster hunter that is just replaying the same thing over and over so really Fire Emblem has to be included since its made for multiple playthroughs.

I thought it was just easier to play online since you have other players and that you can do everything offline?

Is Fire Emblem more like Tactics Ogre/Final Fantasy Tactics (has magic and monsters) or is it more realistic?
---
#7ZenithianHeroPosted 3/31/2013 12:44:49 PM(edited)
BrutaI_Deluxe posted...
I meant sidequest wise, really and a proper endgame
I mean I'd consider Disgaea a lengthy game. I'd say Pokemon has the battle frontier or whatever it is.

On 3DS, Code of Princess can be lengthy if you want to complete every side quest and level up characters (every enemy and NPC is playable)
Etrian Odyssey series are huge time sinks.
Fire Emblem Awakening has plenty of content.

BrutaI_Deluxe posted...
Is Fire Emblem more like Tactics Ogre/Final Fantasy Tactics (has magic and monsters) or is it more realistic?

Fire Emblem has magic, Pegasus Knights, characters that can turn into beasts....
In Awakening you fight Risen, which are basically undead soldiers.
#8retrogamer28Posted 3/31/2013 12:41:53 PM
Monster Hunter, Kid Icarus Uprising, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Dragon Quest IX if you like DS games too.
#9DiscomasterPosted 3/31/2013 12:42:25 PM
I've heard many times that it takes over 100 hours to complete Dragon Quest VII.
#10RPGNinja123Posted 3/31/2013 12:43:28 PM
BrutaI_Deluxe posted...

I thought it was just easier to play online since you have other players and that you can do everything offline?

It is probably more realistic in the sense that your weapons will eventually break but it requires less strategy than Tactics Ogre since you can mess up a little strategy wise but still get through a level because one of your guys might have been hogging most of the experience for example. Which is what I like, you don't need absolute PERFECT strategy.
---
Favorite Series = Fire Emblem //// Favorite Game = Dark Souls
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)