[POLL] How much does 3DS region locking affect you?

#31PuddingchanPosted 4/1/2013 9:18:58 PM
SF_Baha posted...
Region locking is an unfortunate necessity. It is a little disheartening that Nintendo has to go out of its way to keep people like you from importing in a feeble attempt to get around the carefully constructed price discrimination of each region, but if the system was region free you would import. Frankly, you can't be trusted not to, and if Nintendo has to region lock to keep you in line, then I applaud them.

I understand why they have to put a region lock (to keep enough 3DS within their region) but I do wish that I can play some of those Japan-only games on my US 3DS XL.
#32ShadowRisaePosted 4/1/2013 9:21:56 PM
Right now, I'd say medium.

But I currently live in Japan, so buying a Japanese 3DS would be far cheaper for me than most people on GameFAQs. No shipping and no importer's premiums. Can also get 'em used for even cheaper. So I've been thinking about going down the street and picking one up at some point.

I've been importing video games for years though. I have 2 PS2s and 2 Xbox 360s to be able to play both US and Japanese games. It doesn't really bother me to have multiples.
---
Too many games, not enough free time.
#33PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/1/2013 9:37:50 PM
SF_Baha posted...
Region locking is an unfortunate necessity. It is a little disheartening that Nintendo has to go out of its way to keep people like you from importing in a feeble attempt to get around the carefully constructed price discrimination of each region, but if the system was region free you would import. Frankly, you can't be trusted not to, and if Nintendo has to region lock to keep you in line, then I applaud them.

I don't care why this was posted or if serious, at all. What a STUPID post.

Getting a Japanese 3DS soon, only question is, what color. I want Pokemon XY in Japanese. That's all there is to it. And if I can pick up other games on the way to help me get used to Japanese, even better.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon LeafGreen(JPN) (blitz living Dex run COMPLETE), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493
#34GoldenSun3DS(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:25:35 PM
Pkmn Tranier Abram posted...
I want Pokemon XY in Japanese.

Why? X/Y come out the same time all over the world.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#35Deimos259Posted 4/1/2013 10:34:11 PM
There are a few games that I'd like to import. But in the end, there are a lot of other games for me to play so it doesn't bother me THAT much (besides, those games might even be released in my region eventually).
---
This is serious business, remember that.