How are the graphics on the 3ds compare to psp?

#1Agnostic420Posted 3/31/2013 11:01:13 PM
I've never owner one, obviously. But there are quite a few games I want to try for it.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Clt0fprsnlty-1488/hero/1177546
#2aak57Posted 3/31/2013 11:02:47 PM
Better.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#3xdifferentxPosted 3/31/2013 11:12:39 PM
Better but not nearly as good as the PSV
#4jedinatPosted 3/31/2013 11:12:39 PM
You've never owned what? A PSP? It's a great handheld; pick one up. The difference in graphics is enough to say that the 3DS is an entire generation ahead of the PSP, imho. The resolution might not be better, but... The PSP feels like a souped up PS1, graphics-wise--not quite PS2 level. Where the 3DS feels like a portable Wii/GC, augmented by advanced shaders and the 3D effect.
#5yipeeyahooPosted 3/31/2013 11:42:16 PM
xdifferentx posted...

---
3ds FC:1032-2127-0629. PSN:Yipeeyahoo
Just add me if you see this XD
#6godslayer61Posted 4/1/2013 12:24:05 AM
yipeeyahoo posted...
xdifferentx posted...

What the psp looks way better ,only the triple a games even compare,and compared to the vita if you realy think that then your lying to your self.The vitas worst game looks like a first gen 360 game but most or dam close ps3 quality new gen games.i like all my systems but im not going to lie to my self and try to say my 3ds is on par with the vita.Also all the extra stuff the psp/vita can do blow the 3ds out of the water also theres not many vita games or 3ds games ,if you go into eb or best buy 3 or 4 shelves are 3ds and all the rest are ds games that way it looks like theres alot more games for the 3ds when realy at this rate the vita in the same time frame will have more games.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#7Tzuba12Posted 4/1/2013 12:40:57 AM(edited)
godslayer61 posted...
yipeeyahoo posted...
xdifferentx posted...

What the psp looks way better ,only the triple a games even compare,and compared to the vita if you realy think that then your lying to your self.The vitas worst game looks like a first gen 360 game but most or dam close ps3 quality new gen games.i like all my systems but im not going to lie to my self and try to say my 3ds is on par with the vita.Also all the extra stuff the psp/vita can do blow the 3ds out of the water also theres not many vita games or 3ds games ,if you go into eb or best buy 3 or 4 shelves are 3ds and all the rest are ds games that way it looks like theres alot more games for the 3ds when realy at this rate the vita in the same time frame will have more games.

I want you to read it again, but carefully this time.

And are you trying to argue that PSP games look better than 3DS games? Because thats just plain wrong.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#8gransPosted 4/1/2013 1:00:49 AM
Basically what most others have said. Superior to PSP, and obviously below the Vita. When the developers take decent advantage of the 3DS hardware, it's quite noticeable just how big of a leap the 3DS really is over the PSP. Anyone who has seen a game like Resident Evil Revelations and tells you the PSP has produced games that look anything close to that level is just objectively wrong on every level. Or other games such as Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate (which even has a PSP counterpart for comparison purposes), Monster Hunter 4, Kid Icarus Uprising, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, I could name even more.

Hell even the lazy port of Metal Gear Solid 3D with its downgraded framerate and draw distance is still far more than the PSP could have achieved. The 3DS version is a notoriously bad port, but even then it still beats literally any game on the PSP from a graphical perspective. And while I'm very quick to tell people it's a lazy port and to stay away from it in favor of basically any other version of MGS3, at the very least i'll concede that a few new graphical effects were improved or added in the 3DS version. Particularly normal mapping shader effects were added to character models, and the lighting effects in certain areas of the game were improved (particularly in the dark caves with the torch).

Not to mention Kingdom Hearts 3D. It was somewhat rushed from a programming perspective (still with some framerate problems here and there), it uses a modified version of the Birth By Sleep engine and as such wasn't as well optimized for the 3DS hardware as it could have been. But even though it's not the best use of 3DS hardware by any means, it's still a very noticeable upgrade over PSP's Birth By Sleep. The game has far larger and more detailed world areas than any KH game before it, the lighting and transparency effects look considerably better than previous KH games, far more intelligent enemy AI, and higher polygon character models than BBS. The game still suffers from some framerate issues, but the 3DS version to its credit can and does take FAR more visual abuse than BBS could before suffering from any choppiness.

This is an April Fools post, right? I certainly hope for your sake it is.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#9masa8munePosted 4/1/2013 1:32:37 AM
godslayer61 posted...
yipeeyahoo posted...
xdifferentx posted...

lol
---
Still waiting for fire emblem awakening in Europe.
#10VerbalcodyPosted 4/1/2013 2:38:48 AM
whoa godslayer just went off on no one about nothing haha