Nintendo needs to stay on the ball with balancing their games.

#1king_darksPosted 4/1/2013 12:40:13 AM
Long multi post incoming so don't post untill I'm finished.

Normally and currently it isn't that big or frequent a deal as nintendo does a fine job at balancing their games for competitive and Sp play but having 2 of the more anticipated titles for the 3ds being pretty unbalanced in some areas is a bit sloppy if you ask me. The 1st game I'm talking about is FE:A. Now one would think that 4 difficulty modes , (Normal, hard, Lunatic and nutcracker) would help make the game stay challenging reguardless of what you have access to BUT unfortunately due to

1.Grinding
2. MU
3.Nosferatu
4.Spotpass characters

The game is easily and readily breakable... One could say to just not grind as a way to limit yourself but on lunatic and nutcracker mode..... You need a MAX chrom to beat the game NO EXCEPTIONS! Why is this you ask?

The final boss has these stats and skills (lunatic)
99hp

70atk

50str
40 mag
45skill
45spd
45luk
50def
50res

Ignis, Divine weapon+(Jap name), Pavise, Evil dragon skill, crimson curse.

Translation? On average he's reducing 75% of whatever get past that 50 def. Even then he has a 55%(or higher) chance of activating ignis which gives 20 dmg for 90. Here's chroms caps.

80hp
44str
N/a
44skill
41 spd
45luk
42 def
35res

So... using the best sword against gimle.... 15x3(The effective weapon bonus is x3) +3(Weapon rank bonus)=48+44=92

Chrom got 92 total atk! A likely pair-up increase is 8 which gives him a solid hundred... Now the defenses...

100-50=50/2=25/2=12. Yeah..... he only doing 12 per hit IF he hits at best. While this doesn't factor in skill activations like aether one must understand that aether won't occur on the average hit and praying for the activation is luck based and is unreliable. Now one must also understand that this is chrom at his BEST! On average he isn't getting these stats at 20/20 so in reality you're chrom is going to be much worse and unless you pump exp into him AND a suitable double partner he ain't touching gimle.

This inspires player to focus solely on 2 man armies who can just destroy everything as the enemy get ridiculously overpowered as well. The same turn reinforcements can also make scrambling to protect weaker units frequent and nerve wrecking. The only other alternative is making groups with glaring flaws such as exp being spread wide enough so units are to weak to withstand more than 2 rounds.

While I would like to discuss nutcracker mode...... All I gotta say is hammer guy with hawkeye and units with counter, pass and pavise+ as early as the prologue.... It can make the game impossible!
---
Why ain't I right if you can't tell me why I'm wrong :?
#2king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 12:54:47 AM
The 2nd game is kid icarus. Now the single player is very balanced so don't quote pit on me for that. The onlime however is a MESS!

Online is suppose to be balanced by the fact that every weapon in it own way is overpowered. Eyetracks, Viridi palms, geminis, magnus,compacts. Then combine these with powers then **** really get crazy! You got ghost chasing you around from the great reaper palm followed by angel bows circling you through walls via slipshot and taurus arm users chasing you down with aries for a beatdown. There are so many rage inducing weapon combos in this game that will obliterate unexperienced players quickly or trap experienced ones if they run out of powers that it leaves a sour taste in one's mouth. LVD is diffused into whom can pick off noobs the fastest due to 1shot kill weapons and FFA matches can devolve into chasing down the A-hole using Play dead with a capricorn club as he controls the entire map in the meantime. While it is commendable that there are so many different viable weapons it is kind of sad when these viable weapons all boil down to cheese killing someone.

Now I'll love to type more but I can't even keep my eyes open. See ya guys in the mourning.
---
#3aak57Posted 4/1/2013 12:59:04 AM
Are you endy or his long lost brother?
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#4Lord_FroodPosted 4/1/2013 4:20:02 AM
I agree with you on KI's online to an extent, but not at all with FE. FE has always been like that, they just make the whole two or three man army thing way easier to pull off in this game than other ones. I had Hector with capped defense and a nearly capped Magic Canas running around blasting the s*** out of everything in FE7. No arena abuse or anything.
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#5RocketZXbluePosted 4/1/2013 4:54:58 AM
on FE:A, it's called LUNATIC for a reason! and it's an RPG, aren't they MADE to grind levels in? I have no issue with this, but then again I just put 200 hours into Disgaea 4 breaking the HELL out of the game (and I still can't beat the strongest overlord)

on KI:U, whatever other players can do YOU can do, if you lost then there's obviously SOMETHING you did wrong, someone one-shotted you? why don't YOU one-shot them? I must be lucky BTW as I've played like 100s of online matches and never got OHKOd, I mean someone killed me by a three hit melee once...
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME.
Admin of StreetPass San Jose Facebook page.
#6lilpuddy31Posted 4/1/2013 9:19:20 AM
So the TC is raging because Fire Emblem is a little too difficult for him... And he is mad because someone wiped the floor with him in Kid Icarus and he's not good enough to keep up with them...
---
I miss NHL hockey, I miss my St. Louis Blues :(
#7king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:48:03 AM
RocketZXblue posted...
on FE:A, it's called LUNATIC for a reason!

If the mode was just ridiculously hard I would've been sastisfied HOWEVER as westbrick has shown the difficulty of the mode can be broken in half through exploits and grinding and if you don't take advantage of these exploits the game is nearly impossible to beat. It isn't kid icarus hard when it challenges your wits, skills and your abillites... It just so poorly designed that half the cast is unusable right off the bat without babying and the other half consist of the solid units (Frederick,Basilio,Sayri,Flavia,Lonqu.Chrom) and the potential game breakers(The children cast, Mu, Olivia, Etc). Notice how the only solid unit that can take a hit here that you can use early is frederick. That pretty damn considering the game spikes. Nutcracker mode... you already know.

and it's an RPG, aren't they MADE to grind levels in?

Not the Fe series untill recently and it impossible to grind on lunatic if you don't PAY2WIN!

I have no issue with this, but then again I just put 200 hours into Disgaea 4 breaking the HELL out of the game (and I still can't beat the strongest overlord)

You have no grounds to speak then as FE is light years away from disgaea.

on KI:U, whatever other players can do YOU can do, if you lost then there's obviously SOMETHING you did wrong, someone one-shotted you? why don't YOU one-shot them?

I got killed through a invisible shot through a wall or beaten down by a invisible person, Trapped by a compact arm and a black club frwd dash charge due to the lack of free running, overwhelmed by a aries user due to team jumping in with homing weapons, Murdered by a crazed death ball from the predator cannon, looped by eyetracks, Frozened by just one touch from a ice weapon, Killed by a shot across the map, Killed by a capricorn club abusing energy charge and play-dead and can touch the bow spammers with my arm as he abusing warp and they're ripping my team apart just chasing him and I can't even hit him with my arm due to lag. All the experienced players are hard to 1hit kill if they're a team of them as they are using bumblebee,Warp,Aries armor, PD or just are amazing dodgers protected by lag and they quickly obliterate your team through these weapons. It isn't a one-vs-one as it quickly devolves into a 3vs1 as the other team reduce your guys to cannon-fodder.

I must be lucky BTW as I've played like 100s of online matches and never got OHKOd, I mean someone killed me by a three hit melee once...

Keep playing and you'll see soon enough.
---
#8SefcaBlightPosted 4/1/2013 10:59:34 AM
ITT nintendo made fire emblem
---
I walk ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you
http://myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight
#9serenade_betaPosted 4/1/2013 11:04:03 AM
king_darks posted...
It isn't a one-vs-one as it quickly devolves into a 3vs1 as the other team reduce your guys to cannon-fodder.

Then it is your team's fault.
There are no overpowered weapons, but there are indeed strong combinations. But heck, almost every weapon can do those combinations. And there is a counter (or heck, just dodging).
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#10OoSubaruoOPosted 4/1/2013 11:04:38 AM
What kind of ball? Rubber? Soft? Hard?