Is the eshop down??

#1KakkorotcKyPosted 4/1/2013 10:21:42 AM
So I bought a $35 eshop card and put it in my 3DS just fine. I went to buy Luigi's Mansion and add the last funds, but I kept getting an error 005-5698 which tells me to try again and shut off my system. I tried adding funds and nothing would work. I even tried changing my region and that didn't work. I can download updates for my ambassador games just fine though.

So my question is this: is the eshop down for maintenance? This says it is. Does anyone else have this issue?

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed then so be it. If I am to die, I must simply laugh!
#2Bancario51Posted 4/1/2013 10:22:55 AM
April Fools
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#3KakkorotcKy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:26:20 AM
Just got another error code: 005-5688

If it were a April fool's joke, I'd be really really angry
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed then so be it. If I am to die, I must simply laugh!
#4KakkorotcKy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:33:03 AM
Is there anything I can do? :(
---
#5masterdogmeatPosted 4/1/2013 10:39:13 AM
Reset to factory settings and reformat the Sd card.
#6IcewitchPosted 4/1/2013 10:40:39 AM
Go into your data settings and delete "Eshop Extra Data"
---
Current GOTY: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Currently hyping: Dark Souls II
#7MCantrellPosted 4/1/2013 10:44:46 AM
I'm getting the same 2 errors right now.

This morning when I got off work (~10 hours ago) when I tried to add funds, it constantly told me I had an invalid expiration date across every debit card I tried, as well.

So yes, I believe the eShop is down.
#8KakkorotcKy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 11:22:45 AM
MCantrell posted...
I'm getting the same 2 errors right now.

This morning when I got off work (~10 hours ago) when I tried to add funds, it constantly told me I had an invalid expiration date across every debit card I tried, as well.

So yes, I believe the eShop is down.

I'm getting that message now too!!! Absolutely infuriating. Also, to the other commenters, I really don't want to format my SD card. I have all my ambassador stuff on their and what is the extra eshop data?
---
#9KakkorotcKy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 12:03:11 PM
Bump
---
#10snacktimeguyPosted 4/1/2013 12:12:38 PM
It worked for me when I put in my $35 dollar card around noon. I'm not sure whats going on
---
Black 2 FC: 4556-8058-7693