Theoretical change: nintendo gives up on WiiU in favor of putting 100% focus on

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Theoretical change: nintendo gives up on WiiU in favor of putting 100% focus on
2 years ago#61
Nintendo is the last game company that's willing to experiment and be creative with hardware. Even though sometimes they make a misstep, and I am talking about the virtual boy not the Wii U (yet), it's worth it so that the games industry can continue to progress. whether or not like what Nintendo's doing right now doesn't change the fact that they're willing to take a chance on something that's not standard.

Short answer, I hope that doesn't happen.
---
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
3DS friend code-1891 1264 3916
2 years ago#62
Wekos1187 posted...
EM_Mega posted...
Pauken posted...
I can't play my 3DS for longer than 20 minutes before my wrists are in agony.

That's not normal, get yourself checked out. There is NO problem with how the 3DS holds, and it's solely your wrists that are the issue. I have never heard of anyone who complained about wrist pain playing the 3DS/DS/GBA/etc who played less than four hours at a time.

Where my left thumb connects to my palm hurts after awhile of playing on my 3DS. Have to take a break after 30 minutes. Kind of sucks.

ITT: early-onset arthritis patients

But seriously. If your hands begin to hurt that quickly, you're either doing it wrong, i.e. holding it to too tightly/locking your muscles too firmly/etc, or have some underlying health condition.
Normal human hands are more than capable of holding 2 lbs. of plastic for twenty minutes straight.
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
2 years ago#63
I rather they kill themselves off completely.
2 years ago#64
blazeUP12 posted...
Wii U has more potential

Honestly, this is really true.

There's so much untapped potential on the Wii U right now.

Actually, isn't the Wii U going through EXACTLY the same thing 3DS did at its launch? Almost piece for piece?
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
2 years ago#65
Arn544 posted...
hhjghbhghnmh posted...
Rurouni720 posted...
Arn544 posted...

If Nintendo went third party, a lot of brands, and sales potential potential would be lost. Franchises like Metroid, Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Yoshi, Wario, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong, F-Zero and Smash Bros.* would cease to exist. You can't make up that much lost sales potential with just Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda and Pokemon alone, even if you put them on Playstation, Xbox, PC and Mobile. And this is without factoring into the equation that quality would inevitably slip, just like all former hardware developers (Sega, Atari, Hudson, etc.). Quality is important in the games industry to strong sales, especially since prices for games are pretty high. It is also a quinessential cornerstone of Nintendo's business plan. Without that quality, they are better off not existing over going third party

So nope. Take that "Nintendo are better off going third party/handheld-only!" fantasy and shove down to the pit of fire. :)

I know this is probably a troll topic, but I'm a little confused about this one seemingly serious post. Specifically that part about losing Yoshi, Star Fox, Metroid, etc. Is there some sort of legal thing or something because o second party developers? Because literally every one of those series has a game or has announced a game for a handheld, so I don't see how they would lose those just because they don't have a first party console to put them on.

Woah woah woah I didn't say any of that, this post is framing me xD

Oh, whoops! Didn't delete the other stuff that well. Sorry bout that.
---
Barrel!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Theoretical change: nintendo gives up on WiiU in favor of putting 100% focus on

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived