Are you buying donkey kong country returns 3d?

#51BringerOfPiePosted 4/1/2013 9:29:42 PM(edited)
OoSubaruoO posted...
Your point being? The 3DS version will most likely eliminate the motion controls, making it the superior version. Plus, portability.

My point is that with the GBC/GBA ports of DKC, new gamers who never got a chance to experience DKC suddenly had the opportunity to. Here you don't have that, with the original still widely available. Plus people like myself who've already played the game don't have an urge to replay it so soon after its original release, whereas I did buy the GBA port of DKC because it'd been long enough that I had the urge to re-experience it in spite of still owning a working SNES.

And motion control removal may be a plus for people who haven't played the Wii version, but for those who have, it's way too minor of a fix to warrant paying $30+
#52SefcaBlightPosted 4/1/2013 9:31:50 PM
yeah man who wants multiplatform

giving people the opportunity to own it on a handheld UGH
---
I walk ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you
http://myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight
#53OoSubaruoOPosted 4/1/2013 9:32:20 PM
BringerOfPie posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
Your point being? The 3DS version will most likely eliminate the motion controls, making it the superior version. Plus, portability.

My point is that with the GBC/GBA ports of DKC, new gamers who never got a chance to experience DKC suddenly had the opportunity to. Here you don't have that, with the original still widely available. Plus people like myself who've already played the game don't have an urge to replay it so soon after its original release, whereas I did buy the GBA port of DKC because it'd been long enough that I had the urge to re-experience it in spite of still owning a working SNES.

And motion control removal may be a plus for people who haven't played the Wii version, but for those who have, it's way too minor of a fix to warrant paying $30+

The Wii version retails for $30+tax brand new...The 3DS version is $5 more.
#54ecco6t9Posted 4/1/2013 9:59:06 PM
I might but then I might switch my reserve to Rune Factory 4.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#55Bancario51Posted 4/1/2013 10:12:32 PM
only because i skipped the wii version
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#56VerbalcodyPosted 4/1/2013 10:34:31 PM
yup. my wii sat in the closet pretty well the entire time i owned it so i never picked this up before. can't wait for the 3ds version
#57BringerOfPiePosted 4/1/2013 11:03:41 PM(edited)
OoSubaruoO posted...
The Wii version retails for $30+tax brand new...The 3DS version is $5 more.

And again, you missed my point, which is that it's not worth paying $35 if you HAVE played the game before.
#58SpinoRaptor24Posted 4/1/2013 11:09:19 PM
Yes. The Wii version was marred by motion controls.
---
We're all atheists until the airplane starts falling.
#59Aarosmashguy27Posted 4/1/2013 11:11:52 PM
Maybe. I'm still not sure yet. Animal Crossing comes out shortly after and I'll get more of my moneys worth out of that game.
#60XXXB0BXXXPosted 4/2/2013 5:44:20 AM

There are people who own the Wii verison and despise the motion controls. It's not a minor fix to me, and I'd gladly pay $30+ for that fix. I look at it this way. The first game was an 8/10 game. I don't regret buying it. But this new version will be a 15/10 version, so I won't regret buying a portable version. I really hate the motion controls.
---
me being referenced by star wcw star goldberg on live tv:
http://i.imgur.com/Bm2Gq.png